Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Squealing when eating!

Poppy took to solids really well and will eat pretty much anything. But fun mealtimes have now become a nightmare!!! She often squeals from the moment I put her in the highchair and doesn't stop until she comes out! Its not a cry but a high pitched squealing scream noise. Sometimes she'll eat a few mouthfuls quietly like she used to and I think phew 'the noise' has gone but then she starts up again. She used to be really good if I took her out for lunch, she'd sit in a highchair and have her food and then just watch everyone. Now though I feel like I can't take her out to eat - my mum and I took her go pizza express last week and she squealed the whole time and mum was mortified as everyone was staring at us!!! The thing is it's not because she doesn't like the food because she's eating happily while making noise. Some days it really goes through me and gets to me. I'm worried that it's now become a habit! Does anyone else's LO do this? I've tried using toys or finger foods as a distraction and sometimes they work for a while.

xx

Replies

• Finley went though a phase of squealing all the time not just when eating he used to do it when he was upset but also when he was playing!! He doesnt do it anymore, possible every now and again, it used to really worry me but then it just passed, maybe shes just going though a phase, i think they think its funny!!!lo!! image x
  • Logan has also gone through this phase - can't always work out if he was upset or happy lol. It seems to have stopped now though. THink he was jsut experimenting with his voice image