Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

awake for hours at night!!

Hey i just dont know whats happened to ds, he used to self settle and sleep from 7pm - 2am have a feed then sleep till 6 another feed then up at 8am.

However now he wont self settle, and he is waking up every 3 hours and between the hours of 0330 - 0530 like clockwork every night he is awake and just wants to be held.

now ive thought of growth spurt for feeding more, i tried nelsons and calpol for teething, is it tummy upset due to weaning? but nothing changes the nights and its been like this for nearly 2 weeks now, im knackered.

do i continue and let nature take its course or have i led ds into a bad routine by picking him up too quickly and i need to do a controlled pu/pd/cc for this section of the night? i just dont know what to do and its now interfering with hubbies sleep too.

oh and because ds is totally knackered in the morning his 30 mins 11am nap is now turning into 1-2 hours do i let him sleep or wake him up?

thanks

Replies

• Hi hun, it's rubbish isnt it when it all goes wrong, we had to start crying down with biba this week as she all of a sudden failed to self settle - she "only" cries for 15 minutes and it is heartbreaking but a week down the line we have seen an improvement.

We have the problem now though that she wont resettle after her early morning feed unless she is in with mummy - we cant do crying down at 4.30am - our poor neighbours. I know that we have got into a bad habit of letting her in with us and dont know how to break it withough going down the CC route and you know that if you let them stay awake you will suffer for it for the rest of the day.

I would let him sleep for a while he obviously will need it, so it doesnt interfere with his lunchtime nap (if he has one) is he tired enough to perhaps start his morning nap a little earlier?

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone as Biba is back up to being awake twice in the night again - she has no interest in BF in the day anymore but is for the short term loving her solids, unfortunatelty they cant supplement the milk no matter how many little stars she can eat and just makes up for it at night.

I wish they could all just stick to the routines that we know they can do!