Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Hello all!! Sorry I've neglected you!

Hi everyone! Well, I finally seem to have a few minutes of peace from Ethan's demands and thought I would come back and see how everyone's doing.

My goodness these babies are time consuming eh?! Ethan's ace, but he's teething and getting frustrated that he can't move as he wants to. He's practising getting into the crawling position, but can't hold it for long and so the tears begin.

We're doing Baby Led Weaning, so I spend most of my days worrying that he's not eating enough food, but he doesn't like being spoon fed, so I just have to go with it and try to stop getting so worried!

We did buy him a Jumperoo and I have to say it's one of the best things I have bought for him. It enables me to get a little bit of freedom to do all the really exciting things like hoovering and tidying up after DH :lol:

Has anyone else found their friendships have changed dramatically since having a baby? We moved a bit further away from our friends 2 weeks before Ethan was born, so I am sure that this hasn't helped, but, as we've no parents nearby to assist with babysitting duties, we've always got Ethan with us whenever we see friends, unless we see them seperately. Plus, I'm sure my baby brain and the fact that Ethan is my sole focus makes me a bit tedious to be around! image

I hope no one else has found this, but then I'd also like to not be the only one!!

Anyhoo, time to think about getting Ethan's breakfast ready! I hope you're all ok, and I'm looking forward to getting back to catching up with you all x

Replies

• Hi hun, good to see you back. C is my second and i also found the 6month to crawling hard going, they are so independent but cant go anywhere,lol. C is sitting up very stable now so she will sit on the floor and play wit toys now which helps alot.

I also feel a little tied down sometimes, i have signed up to a few groups which i have had to force myself to go to but so glad i have as it really helps with my sanity,lol. I have cut down on feeds as well now so i am planning a day to ourselves (even just a couple of hours) in the next few weeks as i have literally had C with me solid for 6 months now. As much as she is fab and lovely company, andult company is calling.

She is doing fab on weaning now, it took her a while to get used to it but we are finally getting there, we are doing a mix of purees and finger foods, she loves squidging and mushing stuff up on her chair,lol.xx
  • I agree about the jumperoo!!! My mum and dad bought it for him for christmas - amazing!

Logan is the same as you both said - he is sitting fantastic and will sit and play for a while but is teething and gets frustrated cos he gets into crawling position but then can't get anywhere lol!

I am back at work so see lots of my friends there - also quite close to my parents so they babysit alot - in fact they having Logan overnight on Saturday for the first time!