Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Midwife and scan appts

Luckily I have remained quite friendly with my midwife and she has booked me in to see her on the 17th Feb when I will be 7+2 and has requested my 12wk scan.

I called my bereavement midwife today to let her know and she has booked me in for a viability scan on the 15th Feb, requested appt with the Consultant and also told me I will have scans at the JR when I am 16 and approx 20wks, might also have one at 24wks if necessary.

Feels nice to get the ball rolling!

Oh and I am also seeing the doc to have the flu jab on friday!

Has anyone else requested a midwife appt yet?

xxx

Replies

• Oh honey I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your son Lucas. I can relate to what you are going through.

Ooh going to be lovely close age gap with Liam and this little one!

Let us all know how you get on tomorrow and fingers crossed that you'll get your early scan xxx
  • well i phoned up yesterday for my booking in appointment thinking it would be at 8 weeks and they gave me one for next week, I am sure she will be surprised to see me back again so soon x its exciting and think it will feel more real once the first appointment is under our belt x x
  • I rang up to see what you needed to do and have an appointment for early Feb -I'll be about 6 wks (all being well). I thought it was a bit early but am very excited about talking to someone other than my OH about being pregnant!

Wildthing and Kris hope everything goes so smoothly for you throughout.

Mooomin
  • That is the beauty of this website ladies - we can talk about pregnancy all we like!

Kristuk, I hope you get your early scan and pleased all went well today. Cuddles for Liam, bless they do cause some considerable pain.

xxx
  • Pleased to hear your medical team is on the ball with you. I hope everything goes well for you and like you said - if results come back as high risk you have a lot of time to prepare and build up your knowledge. xxx
  • Oh wow a scan date! Very much looking forward to that!

Got first midwifes appointment on Monday -hoping that goes ok.

Mooomin x