Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Accuracy of CB digital preg test

Hi All,

Need some advice. I am now 5 wks 1 day along and I have just taken another pregnancy test as wanted to see if it now says I am 2 - 3 wks and it doesn't...still says 1 - 2 wks. Now I am worrying even more as I have hardly any symptoms on top of that. How accurate are those tests at telling you how far along you are?

Thanks,

Tibby

Replies

• Hi Mrs Tibby,

I am also 5+1! I also had those tests as well and I did read that it said the accuracy that conception indicator was dependent on if you used FMU and even then it was only 90% or something. Did you test first thing this morning? I guess this is as it need concentrated urine.

I really wouldn't worry to much, these tests are good but I think they can make you worry more, also you may not be excactly the dates you think.

If you are really worried, maybe wait a couple of days and then try again.

Also don't worry about having no symptom, I worried the whole 12 weeks with my DS as I had no real symptoms and no sickness, but he is now a lovely 14 month old! Also so far I don't really have many symptoms so far this time.

CG xxx
  • Dont think these tests get a good write up. The variation in hcg levels are too big to be accurate i rekon.

try not worry hunnie, i dont really have any symptoms either, im 5+2

• Try not to worry, I also have no symptoms yet

Xxxx
  • Thanks so much everyone, really put me at ease. Love this place, so good for these times when you have so many questions!

• Curly girly....no I didn't do test this morning, did it this evening. x
  • Did you test again? did it go up?

Mine went up 3 days after I thought it would....main thing...it did go up x