Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011

Not good news

Hi,

I've been bleeding (but not heavily) and having cramps for the last day. My blood hcg levels are just about ok and as its so early there is not much point in doing a scan yet :roll:

Am going in for more bloods tomorrow and then hopefully a scan at the weekend. Feel a bit in limbo, don't know exactly whats going on.

Oh well on the positive side my HCG levels weren't very low and my cervix is still closed keeping little one where s/he should be. People have periods during their pregnancy and its still fine so fingers crossed our LO will be too!

Mooomin x

Replies

• Hope everything will turn out fine mooormin image I bled at 4 weeks and it was red and had clots sorry tmi!! And my levels still rose! It's so common! Fingers crossed for you Hun x
  • fingers crossed it works out for you x
  • Moomin

Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

Good luck for scan.

Sarah xx
  • Ohh, Moonmin, I really hope the bleeding stops and everything will be ok.

With my DS, I had spotting several times up to 16 weeks and everything turned out alright.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed all is well when you get your scan this weekend.

Xxx
  • Thanks Ladies, trying to keep positive -not so easy though. The cramps have stopped which can only be good as some I had yesterday were making me double over in pain image Still bleeding but has never needed anything more than a pantyliner. Hoping it'll stop soon.

My midwife called to today to book an apointment she said they dont really worry about bleeding in early pregnancy as long as there isn't any pain.

Going to have a walk in the sunshine. Trying to not comfort eat as I'm overweight and have been really good and just sticking to healthy food since getting my BFP. Could go with some TLC from my good friends Benjamin and Jerry!

Mooomin x
  • good to hear the pain has stopped Moomin, fingers and toes crossed things turn out fine for you! and hey surely just a little ben and jerry's treat can't hurt? image

good luck with your scan this weekend! xx
  • Hi Moomin, I'm going through the exact same thing.

Got a faint positvie on monday am (had very light brown cm since sat afternoon) then wiped red blood mon pm. Ive done tests yesterday and today both faint +.

Brown cm hasn't stopped and had a little more bright red with some clots but this is only been on 2 or 3 wipes of tissue. HAve had cramps but nothing more than i've had for about 10/12 days, still sore boobs and soooo tired!

Spoken to my nurse who is very wait and see, which i don't mind doing as i understand nothing can be done and its so early. I just wish if it is a early miscarriage it would just start properly and continue so i can start to deal with it, its so fustrating being in limbo lke this.

I had a mc in 2007 at 5 weeks and when the red started it didn't stop and was period like in amount and look so not like this.

At the moment, if this carries on, I'm going to go into my sugery fri am or mon am to ask for blood to be taken to see what the hcg levels are doing. BUT i think that this probably an early m/c, just need confirmation, though theres always a chance of good news so clinging on for it

Best of luck to you with it moomin xxx
  • Hopeful for 2nd it would be good to go for blood tests now they need two measurements, with a 2 day gap to see how (or if) the pregnancy is progressing. One result by itself does not mean very much.

I'm still getting positive pregnancy tests -trying to stop myself doing anymore. Having bloods taken tomorrow so should by Friday know if its looking ok or not. Then hopefully get my scan it would mean so much to see a sac with a little heatbeat!

I have red blood not its heavy just wearing a pantyliner and not with any clots but its been like this for about 36 hours now! Every time I go to the loo I'm worried about how much blood will be there.

Trying to be positive. Its my first ever pregnancy and we were lucky to concieve on our first month trying have had 2 weeks to get used to the idea of having a baby in October and plan the rest of the year and yes it will be ok if the worst happens but our plans and dreams for this little one will be gone too :cry:

Sorry got a bit heavy there, like you I'm fed up of not knowing but there is still hope at the moment!

Mooomin x
  • Not knowing is the worst. Yep, will be going back for a second bloods, if i go at all! Guess it would be sensible to though. Did the whole bloods/scans etc last time.

My cm is getting more and more red so not holding out any hope.

Forcing myself not to do my last test as i know it'll be + even of i'm m/cing as its the hormone it detects good or bad. Thinking to use it on fri, if its by any miricle + i'll go to nurse for bloods and if - i'll move on.

My Oct 2007 m/c was early but horrific, it was our honey moon baby. But i concieved my daughter by xmas so it was meant for her to be in this world. That gives me hope that after this i'll hopefully be preg sucessfully soon.

xxxxxx
  • Sorry im new in Oct 2011 and just seen this so before i do an intro felt i had to reply.

I had exactly this with my 1st baby. At a very similar stage to you, i had the most horrendous stomach pains.....to the point where i couldnt walk and had bleeding similar to you describe. I had to do the same....have hch levels took and had an early scan. My levels werent great and didnt double like they thought they would so things didnt look good. But at scan all seemed well, heartbeat was there and mw seemed happy. The bleeding did stop and the pains went away within a week. After that point i didnt look back. My LO was fine and born healthy in Sept 09.

Just wanted to tell you what happened with me, to give you hope. I know all situations are different, but im sure everything is fine. Try to stay positive. Let us know how you get on xxxxxxx
  • hey lovely, I had a lot of bleeding with DS, started at about 5 weeks then had bleeds at 7 weeks, 9 weeks 10 and 13 weeks, it turned out that i had a haematoma from where baby had implanted and he is a very active 11 month old now xx so don't give up hope yet x x keeping everything crossed for you x x
  • Sorry g/c on moomins thread a little, but your stories are giving me a little strand of hope thankyou xx
  • No worries hoping for a 2nd I think anyone in this situation needs all the help from the lovely ladies on this site, please let me know what happens -I hope its all good!

Thank you all for your support and sharing your stories.

They really have made me feel a bit more positive or at least less negative.

Mooomin x
  • Thnaks Moomin.

can i just ask everyone who went through it and successfully had a baby, how much? how long did you bleed for?

My cm is def red now rather than brown but its never there on the panty liner, only when i wipe after loo trips. i HATE this limbo situation, just need answers, at least if i ws getting a proper bleed i could deal with it. The way it is now lets me hope and in a way thats cruel, AAARRRGGHH!
  • Well, can't deny its a proper bleed now. :cry:

SO, am out but going to get back on with it. My last m/c devestated me, i feel sad about this one but maybe because i only had an hour between test and first red bleed and my gorgeous 2yr old its a bit easier to think forwards. Thats not to say I haven't cried a bucket or 2.

Hope your journey has a better ending Moomin xxxx
  • Hi Moomin, this is the first time i have posted in Due in October, i am due on the 3rd october.

How are you feeling?

I am in a similar situation to you at the moment. I started bleeding on tuesday, completley out of the blue, no pains or anything. It was heavy and the only way i can describe it was as a gush? I completley broke down thinking the worst and called my local EPU and my GP who initially told me to wait a wk and see if i get a positive preg test then go from there, i wasnt happy with this, im 6 weeks and i know if there is a heartbeat they will see it with an internal scan. I fought my corner and they agreed to scan me the next morning.

I had a a large bruise/bleed next to the sac which was causing the bleed and there was a strong heart beat still.

Then last night i had an even heavier bleed this time with terrible cramps and large clots. Im not sure where about you are, but in london there is a walk in epu where you can self refer for a scan, so i went there first thing this morning and there is still a strong heart beat but i have a subchoronic haematoma, basically a large blood clot.

The sonographer was lovely and very reassuring and said the bleed wouldnt effect my little bean, if there is something genetical wrong with the baby then i will mc but if not then it should hang in there. She said bleeds in early pregnancy are VERY common and do not always mean the worse.

I have waffled alot here so i hope i have made some sense. I know how hard it is to keep positive but im a true believer in postive thoughts will lead to positive things. Although if im honest my heart sinks every time i wipe and i see blood!!!

HUGS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • My blood levels plummeted so am definately miscarrying -unless they gave me the wrong test result or missed a 0 off the end, which unfortunately is pretty unlikely!

I'm strangly ok about it, sad and a bit grumpy but ok. I work with people TTC and know how common it is. Stupid thing is that I went for a talk on recurrent miscarriage at 5 weeks which I though wasn't such a great idea :roll: My OH seems quite worried about me, he is so lovely and I can't wait until we are parents, its going to be put on hold for a bit.

We only tried for 10 days -I got offered a new job and then a promotion at work to make me stay so decided to put TTC on hold for a bit, was amazed (but overjoyed) when we got our BFP. Part of me wants to try asap but know its sensible to wait for a couple of months, lose a bit of weight and pay off some more bills! Other part says blow that and lets start TTC as soon as we can -we'll have to see which side wins!

So goodbye to DIO hope everyone has a fantastic 8(ish) months and wishing you all the best. Think I'm going to stay away for a little while.

Good luck Pipling hope your little one stays put! Hoping for a 2nd hope you get your 2nd little one soon.

Mooomin x
  • Oh, Moonmin. I'm so sorry to hear that your levels have dropped. I had been looking out for an update and was really hoping everything was going to be ok for you.

I hope you and your husband get through this hard time together and hopefully get your get a sticky BFP soon after.

Thinking of you. xxxx
  • Oh my god chick I completly missed this! I'm so sorry I didn't get to post any support before. sending you lots of hugs Hun xx
  • Hi mooormin

I'm so sorry to read this , I know how hard it is and I know there's nothing anyone can really say to make you feel better, just sending you a hug xxx