Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When are you planning on the 'big reveal?'

Well in my last pregnancy I lasted until 3+4 )I found out at 3+3 haha. Told my family 3+4 and DH's at 5wks and friends at 8weeks.

This time I have made it to 4+1 with only telling you lot haha........but it is driving me loopy!!

My sole reason for not telling too early is so the pregnancy doesnt seem too long for everyone. In terms of 'risk' I would be the first to draw on support if anything god forbid happens so it isnt that. Plus I feel a little embarassed saying 'oh I am 1 month' haha.

For the first time in my life I lied to my mum and said I had got af ahhhhhhhhh (she knows we ttcing)....

When are you telling?

Replies

• Options
    we have told our parents already and have told 2 of my close friends x last time I was rubbish keeping it a secret and I think that by 12 weeks everyone knew even folk I worked with lol x

I might add that in my last pregnancy I had loads of bleeding so by 12 weeks had 4 scans and felt much better about telling people once we had seen him with a heart beat wriggling x

this time we don't plan on telling anyone else until after our 12 weeks scan, have made it to 6 + 4 so far lol only another 6 weeks to go image
  • Options
    We've told loads of people - my family, OH's family, some close friends and you guys! In fact, once I get to 12 weeks there won't really be many people left to tell - it will mainly be work!

I would love to have the willpower to not tell work until either they guess or I have to tell them (I checked our policy the other day and that isn't actually until 25 weeks!) but I'll probably be so bursting to tell I'll blatantly just tell at 12 weeks. I actually told them really early last time, 6 weeks I think, but I had so many blood tests, gp appts, scans etc that I couldn't not really.

• Options
    I am only 4+1 did you both tell that early?

I think I might just burst atm haha and have to tell my mum today
  • Options
    Yes! I told my sis pretty much straight away and then we told OH's family at aboiut 4 weeks.

Then I've gradually told more and more people. Only told my parents a couple of days ago but only reason for that was that they were on hol and didn't want them to spend the time they were away worrying.

• Options
    We started off at the weekend when we found out thinking we were not going to tell anyone. I told a friend at work first as I work in London and live in Kent so did not want to be alone if anything happened whilst I was at work. Then my other friend at work guessed as I had stopped drinking tea and was visiting the loo every hour. Then it was to hard to keep from my mum so I told her. Then hubby told his parents and one of his friend and then his boss so we have gone from setting out to tell no one to having like 8 people knowing lol. I don't mind to much as everyone knows that we were ttc for ages and my problems so to be able to tell people we have conceived naturally which we did not think it was possible and after 18 months is an amazing feeling image My best mate is coming over on Sunday for dinner and she is bringing wine so I think she is going to guess when I refuse a glass
  • Options
    Blimey Akalady, you kept that one quiet!! Or did I miss the announcement in ttc? either way, i've updated the easter baby thread! congratulations x
  • Options
    As we had VF, my parents knew when we first tested and I had some light pink blood and my sis-in-law is a gynae nurse so called her for advice and that is it. This is the longest pregnancy we have had, so hoping to last out until 12 weeks.
  • Options
    We told both sets of parents at 5 weeks! i love a glass a wone and my mum and dad would instantly suss as soon as i turned down a glass of wine and i wanted them to be suprised.

I am so glad i told them early after all the bleeds i have been having, they are a great support.

I have secretly told my cousin who is also pregnant, my OH doesnt know this lol.

Oh and of course you ladies lol.

Everyone else will wait until 12 week scan... fingers crossed i get there.

xxxxx
  • Options
    Well I told my gran, aunt and 9 year old cousin who turned around and said 'I knew anyway as you have got fat recently'....i pointed out the baby was the size of a full stop hahahahaha
  • Options
    We have told both sets of parents at 5 weeks after seeing the CBD go from 1-2, to 2-3! I have also told one friend as she asked as she knew we were TTC. We are going to try to keep it quiet until 12 week scan, but I'm just so excited I find it hard keeping it quiet, plus if people ask I just can't lie!

With my DS we were so good and only told my mum, until the scan!

Xxx