Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

early scans?

So who is having an early private scan?

i can't make up my mind Oh is happy to go along with what I want but don't know what to do x on one hand 12 weeks is only 5 weeks away but on the other hand it would be nice x i think its just different from last pregnancy because last time I had 2 scans by this point as I had a lot of early bleeding x hmmmm decisionx

Replies

• Hey babes,

Im not having one this time around. I had one at this point with Elliott and it was so lovely seeing his heartbeat etc but we just dont have the money to spare at the minute with me being on unpaid maternity leave. Besides, I do think so far this pg has gone very fast and the next 5 weeks will hopefully fly by, I feel like I can actually wait this time. Im also alot more sick then I was with Elliott so that eases my mind a bit lol! xx
  • I didn't know you could have early scans. With my last pregnancy, I had 2 early scans at 5 and 7 weeks as had a bleed scare. It was so reassuring. I'm only 5 weeks now and 12 weeks seems sooo long away.
  • You see I have no symptoms again, which doesn't worry me as I had pretty much mothing with alex, but the offer is there for a scan, so am finding it hard to say no, and wait it out x i must admit time has gone really quickly so far x

i will have to wait til I am paid on the 21st anyway so will see how i feel then, as by then i will be 9 weeks and only 3 weeks away from scan x
  • Ooooh I am def going for one...my OH rolls his eyes everytime I meantion it as it is ??99 but I want to see the HB and how many beans are in there haha (hopefully only 1)

I still have 8 weeks to 12 week scan so 2 months is far to long for this impatient lady haha

4+3
  • Hi!

Sorry to barge in, I only found out on fri that I was pg but have already booked in for a Babybond scan in a couple of weeks when il be 7 weeks!

Couldn't bare the thought of having to weight until 12 weeks.

Also figured 99?? is a small price to pay to check that everything is ok, eeek i can't wait!

BB 5+1 xx
  • I have booked my scan in with BabyBond on the 26th Feb. I will be 7+1 then. I am so paranoid at the moment - I could not wait until 12 weeks to make sure that everything is okay. x