Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can't Relax

Hi Ladies,

Bit of a pointless post really.

But I just can't relax, and terrified that its all gonna go wrong.

I have no reason to think that anything will happen. We had a scan at 6+4 and everything was just perfect. But because we had such a long road to get here & then were so lucky for our 1st IVF attempt to work, I just can't stop worrying.

I have had no bleeding or spotting or anything like that. I have a few symptoms to, sore boods, nausea and really tired so I know that all good, but still I just need to chill.

I have booked another scan for 2 weeks time when I will be 9+2, just to try and keep me sane!

Is anyone else feeling like this??

Love

TW

XX

Replies

• Hi TW

I feel the same, although at our scan on Monday at 6w5d it was too early to see heartbeat, so still really nervous - have scan again next monday, but feels like this week is dragging so much.

Wish it was 8 months down the line - but we should be embracing the feelings of pregnancy and enjoying every moment of it.

Try and relax, do you have the Zita West pregnancy cd?
  • Hi Mrs W,

Nice to hear from you.

We had our scan last Friday at 6+4 and saw a lovely little heartbeat, and I did start to relax over the weekend.

But by Tuesday I was a nervous wreck again!

No I don't have the Zita West CD, do you? Is it any good?

Love

TW

• I feel the same. I had a miscarriage last year at only 5 weeks and I didn't really expect it to happen then. I thought I'd just be like all the other women who get pregnant and then have a baby.

This time I can't let myself daydream about getting a bump or having a baby because I'm so worried that it'll end.

I'm having a private viability scan at 8+5 which will be the 11th March. I'm going to be very nervous until then that there's really nothing there. I've not got many symptoms at all so I don't really feel pregnant.

It's a very nerve wracking time. x
  • Hi tw

Absolutley feel the same, I cried this morning over it! I too had a heartbeat at 5 +5 but I didn't see the embryo although my doc said it was there! ( even got paranoid about that) it's so much pressure to stay positive and the time is dragging so badly I'm counting everydayimage same as you ivf has worked first time but I feel like it's not going to happen for me as iv been unlucky with mcs so far ! Hope your ok Hun keep busy;) that's what I'm trying to do xxx
  • Ithink it's understandable to feel nervous - especially if this has been a long journey for you so far - fingers crossed the next few weeks go quickly and smoothly for you x
  • Hi TW

Have not listend to the CD yet, but if you PM me if you want a copy.

Sarah xx