Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Stomach Pains

Hi Ladies,

Are any of you having stomach pains? Most of mine have been mild, and almost like someone is turning my belly button the wrong way round from the inside, but i have this pain on my left side, thats almost like ov pain, and quite a bit like a stinging feeling. Just wondered if anyone elsewas getting these? Its been buggin me most of the afternoon!

Hope you're all well, adn not suffering too badly with all the joys of pregnancy.

xxx.

Replies

• I've had this - especially the ov pain - I'm 9 weeks now and still get it on and off - I sort of imagine it's my ovaries releasing hormones to keep baby happy - probably something completely different but the thought keeps me happy!

Also, with my last pregnancy I got stretching pains at about 5 weeks that felt like sharp period type pains - I haven't had those this time though.

Amme

9+2
  • im getting the feeling like i have done 100 sit ups last night (i obv. didnt!) but all very high up! odd stuff...

Holly
  • Yeah, I get this on and off. With my last pg I really worried about them but this time I worry more when I don't have them! I find them quite reassuring as I think they mean that things are still growing and stretching in there!

• I was getting the pain in my left side too. It turns out that's the side my egg came from. When I went for my early scan last week that's what the lady told me. I think there are folicals that are on your ovaries when u release an egg and it fertilises it stays there a while and you get that pain.

Otherwise all the other pains are normal baby burrowing in pains so that's good

Sorry can't really type much as I'm on mybphone x
  • Thanks ladies.

I'm pretty worried because i've had a bit of brown spotting late last night and this morning (sorry if tmi). I don't know what to do, whether to wait and see what happens with it, or take myself off to the doctors. Its only a bit, and only when i wipe.

Scary times this pregnancy thing!

xxx.
  • looby. do you have an epu near you?? might be worth ringing them and asking for advice x good luck hun
  • hey hun,

i had simular pains and went to my doc (who is 7mths preg )and she said its all pretty normal to get stinging pains and everything as its ur insides moving to allow room for monkey nut x

if its harsh pain, take breath away pain, or pain that lasts for more than a few mins at a time, she said phone epu xxxx
  • I had this in my last pg. Really bad pain in my left and a bit of spotting. I had an early scan at 7 weeks and it was a cyst. It was where the egg had been relseased or something and was nothing to worry about. Really common and it had gone by 20 week scan.

If it carries on you may want to get it checked out, but i am sure its nothing serious. xxxxxx