Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011

Confused and frustrated

Hi All

I am totally confused and frustrated. I went to drs when i found out i was pregnant (which i am absolutely thrilled about) and i thought i was about 5 weeks when i went to the drs (this was 3 weekss ago)and gave the EDD as 17th October but i went to the midwife yesterday who has spoken with my GP and they both think that i am 4 weeks further along than we originally thought.

i have had no sickness at all, only syptoms are stomach cramps and majorly sore (.)(.)s which is what made me think i am only 8 weeks

I had what i thought was an AF in January but it was a week late and only lasted a couple of days so both gp and midwife think it could have been implantation bleed, therefore EDD changed to 15th September.

My Scan isnt for another 3 weeks which if GP and Midwife are right will make me 16 weeks by then. All i want to know is how far gone i actually am and when i am due (even roughly) so i can start telling people if i am over 12 weeks.

Any advice or suggestions???

Replies

• Wow that's brilliant really!! Itl go quicker for you and youv got off lightly with symptoms and yay!!! Your over the real worriing stage first 3 months!!! I'm surprised they havnt given you a scan earlier if they now think your over 12 weeks because I thought you had to have your nuchal scan between 11 and 14 weeks??? I'd have to know Hun especially because that nuchal scan is importantimage if they won't scan you earlier how bout a private scan?? Iv had one it was ??130 and I got a video!! Xxx
  • Hi

Its true some women have full on periods whilst pregnant so a little implantation makes sense.

Your scan will settle this for you - is there any way you can ask to have this sooner?

If you are due earlier we will be happy to have you in DIS! image

Try not to worry xx
  • Hey

Well in someways that would be good news if you are 4 weeks futher ahead but I would have thought it would be beter to scan you based on the new dates, as some of the screening tests such as the Quad bloods and nuchal scan (if they do them in your area) are time sensitive and leaving you until 16 weeks maybe too late. If I was you I think I'd give the midwife a call just to clarify.

Amme

10+6
  • hi ladies

i spoke to the midwife and she said that as the scan will fall just before my 16 week period that it will be fine. an as i had fertility blood tests done in December they know that i am immune to Hep B and Rubella etc and the other tests can be done at 16 weeks.

And that as i am not having any symptoms or any issues then not to worry. The hospital is trying to fit me in for a cancellation but i wont hold my breath as the maternity unit where i am going to is undergoing an extension so they are only doing scan in alloted time slots.

So i guess i will just have to wait til then to tell everyone my oh so happy news. Hubby working away so least i know he cant tell anyone lol.

I am just soooooo happy to be pregnant we tried for just under 18 months and now its happening i just dont quite believe it!!

A lot of people have told me that coz i am not suffering with morning sickness that i am probably having a boy!! but i dont mind what i have as long as he/she is happy and healthy xxx