Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011

Had new gp appointment today

I posted on here last week about my probes with getting a midwife booking in appointment. Well I saw new gp today and he was not happy that I had not been contacted by a midwife. I should have been contacted in my 8th week of pregnancy with a booking in appointment where I would have been giving a scan date which happens here when u r 11 weeks. She is now worried that I won't be able to get a scan date in time especially for the nuchal scan which they perform here before 13 weeks. She filled out a form for me to have all the pregnancy bloods which I had done this morning and has given me some new numbers of midwives to call and has asked me to chase, chase, chase lol! So hopefully I will get somewhere soon and at least with the bloods done I am getting somewhere! X

Replies

• My goodness sounds like you have has a nightmare so far, at least this Dr sounds proactive, hopefully the midwife will contact you soon x
  • Hi charlamine

Really pleased u managed to get somewhere. Keep us posted with what they say. i hope midwifes are a bit better when i finally get down there in July xxx