Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Telling people!

Hi mummy's to be image

Hope everyone is feeling ok. I don't come on very often as when i'm not working i'm sleeping!

I wondered if I was the only one who hasn't told a soul about being pregnant apart from my husband and you!? I daren't tell anyone until after my scan which is on the 22nd of March.

I can't decide how to tell my folks either - I was considering getting a little baby on board sign or something for them to unwrap. Although i'll probably end up just blurting it out! How did you tell your parents?

Replies

• Options
    We got a t shirt for DS, that said I'm the big brother, then when they came round we had him wearing it x

We are both rubbish at keeping secrets so to be honest ,most people know about baby already, apart from my work x I just figured that if something was to go wrong then I would want support from those around me x

its so much fun telling people, enjoy it x x
  • Options
    We have told a lot of people. But we have had previous mc's and wanted support if it happened again. Plus support with DD if I felt bad in 1st trimester. I hate keeping secrets as well and would probably have let it slip at some point so it's easier to just tell people!

Work don't know - I will tell them next week after scan. And some friends and family don't know. But close friends and family do. TBH as it's our 2nd it won't be that big a surprise. Although some people have been really surprised that we didn't wait longer!

• Options
    my mum and OH's parents know, ive also told my 2 closest friends. We are waiting until after the scan as told everyone really early last time and had a few scares so would rather we waited this time!

im dying to tell the world tho xxx nat xxx
  • Options
    We have only told parents and brothers. I've been dying to tell other ppl but am going to wait until after 12 week scan image

Can't wait!

BB x
  • Options
    Hey! We also have only told the bare minimum of people! My best friend and her hubby knows as she is 12 weeks pregnant and its lovely to chat about!

We are only 8 weeks though-so another couple of weeks and we'll tell our parents and then work. The rest will find out after our 12 week scan.

Im struggling with how to tell them as its such lovely news and there are sooo many ways to share it image

xDx
  • Options
    Family and close freinds know about us, I had my 12 week scan on Friday, but only went back to work from maternity leave last week so trying to put off telling my boss, once he knows il put it on fb!

With our first we didn't tell anyone until 14 weeks (this is when we finally had our 12 week scan) and it was the dy of my nephews christening, an I took a card around to mum and dad and the card said 'congratulations on becoming grandparents' and inside I had put a pic of scan and wrote in the card 'due 20th march 2010' They loved it! Although were really confused for a second as they thought it was a card saying congrats on my nephews arrival lol

This time we were all sitting in living room and mum said 'anything new with you?' and I said 'not really...we're having another baby' casual as anything...and they were like oh right, that's nice..when? I was like 'september' they all got excited and were like 'omg your pregnant' they thought I was just saying we were planning to have another lol xx
  • Options
    We told both sets of parents and my brother and sister at about 8 weeks this time and then we had our scan on Tuesday and have told most other people over the weekend. I will probably leave it another couple of weeks to tell work but only because I don't really have a proper Manager at the moment so there isn't really anyone to tell! Last time I told work at 13 weeks so it'll probably be about the same this time, especially as I want to leave work early on this time. Last time I worked until 39.5 weeks but this time I plan on leaving at about 36 weeks - only do 3 day weeks now but I would like some time with my DD before baby comes along.

Amme

10+5
  • Options
    My boss knows as wasnt very well to start off with but thats it. Telling parents after 12wks scan on 30th march. cant wait!!!!
  • Options
    have told my imediate(?) family but will tell everyone else after my 12 week scan. guess i'm scared incase i louse this one aswell. altough i nearly let it out on facebook, u never seen me delete a message so quickly!!!!!
  • Options
    haha missy moo a couple of my close freinds from my born in forum on here have posted on my status's about me being pg adn ive had to delete them super quick. Although some people did see lol! Doesnt really bother me I just cant have my boss find out yet...but they felt so bad bless them! xx