Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Morning Sickness at work :(

How does everyone cope?

I am really struggling with all the smells etc in the office. Also the stress of my job is making my symptoms worse I think. Feel like crap 24/7 image

I've tried grazing but am still feeling rough all the time.

Any tips... please? At this rate I'm going to be spewing in my SOB boss' desk drawer.

BB xx

Replies

• I think if you are tired it makes the sickness worse hun. The only thing i can suggest is eating little and often but i know that doesnt always work! Keep your fluids up too. With my 1st i felt queasy throughout the morning to th arvo and eating things like gingernut biccies helped (i always kept a stash in my drawer at work). This time tho it comes on whenever it likes! in the night, morning, arv, eve, after dinner and sometimes so fast i feel like im actually going to puke. Defo worse 2nd time around. Not much help im afraid, just ride it out and itll go. I think last time by 15wks i was feeling fab.
  • Bethsmummy I'm with you definitely worse second time around. I try to eat little and often and try to sip water all day which seems to help.

I think it is worse because I can't take it easy when I get home as Dr wants to play and chat.

I was fine by wk 14 last time. Hoping its the same this time struggling with tiredness more during the day.

Hope you all feel better soon. Xx :roll:
  • im lucky as im a sahm but i go to college 2 days a week which im struggling with.

this is my 3rd pregnancy and has been the easiest sickness wise so far.

with my first i had it sever and was admitted to hospital.

everytime ive found various things that have helped me cope -

lucozade original (a godsend if you ask me and recommended by my midwife)

ginger biscuits

polos

belvita breakfast biscuits

drink loads of water!!!!

hope they help, just try and see if they do.

nat xxxx
  • Ive found the only thing thats really helped me this time around is a constant supply of chewing gum!

Whenever I feel nauseous, I just grab a chewing gum and the instant hit of strong mint seems to stop any sicky feeling xx
  • Thank you for all the tips ladies image

I'm going to send the hubs off to tesco to stock up on some supplies to help me get through work.

I know I shouldn't moan as ppl get sickness a hell of a lot stronger than this. It's all the smells in the office that gets me; smelly food, cologne and smokers smell. :?

Thanks again though.

BB xx
  • bless you xxx i have the same problem, smokers are the worse, i always have a pack of tictacs on me xxx