Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011

Flutterings?

Hi,

For the past week every so often I keep thinking I might be feeling flutterings, I only notice them when I'm laying or sitting still and only very slight, but still there! Do you think it really could be the baby so early? I didn't feel anything like this until 17-18 weeks with my son.

Replies

• Hey, Im gatecrashing from DIN, but I've heard of loads of people with second babies feeling them alot earlier, so it definitely could be. image

Ellie xx
  • Hi G/C from due in sept but I say yes! image

You can feel them a few weeks earlier on your 2nd, 3rd etc child.

I am a first timer and felt my little one at 16+6 so I reckon its defo your new bean. Enjoy! xx
  • oh wow!

how exciting! that is amazing (am so jealous image)

im only 13+1 with my first so i won't get to feel anything for ages image

so excited for all you second time mummies that are feeling flutterings already!

bb x
  • Hey CurlyGirly,

I honestly think i can feel mine the first time it was when i was 12 wks! i was laying down and it was just a little flutter but i'm sure thats what it was. This is my first too!

Hope you're all having a good preg, i'm loving it ( especialy now the nausea and exhaustion seems to have passed!) officially got a bump too which i'm loving!!!! x
  • Glad to hear others have felt flutters too! I was a bit worried it was my imagination!

It's so exciting, it makes everything seem more real and is very reassuring!

• i feel flutters to and i'm only 12w1day so its defo baby enjoy hun xxx
  • Im sure iv felt some already too. I had forgotten what that fluttery feeling was like til i was laying in bed about a week ago and felt it. Its only been a few times but im sure it is baby. Cant wait til im feeling those big kicks!
  • I have felt flutterings too but was sure it couldnt be baby, then over the weekend i have felt 2 sharp kicks (not sure if they were kicks or baby doing some sort of summersault) but i am now adament that it was baby. i felt my 1st at 18 wks and my 2nd at about 15-16 weeks and now i am 12 - 13 wks so you can feel them earlier as you just know what you are looking for!