Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

To know or not to know................ that is the question!

Hey ladies,

I just wondered if any of you had decided to find out what flavour your having??

I've always said i wouldn't but i'm starting to get really curious!!!!!!!!!

We've picked out the nursery decor which is the Ginger bread M&P's so its clourful but neutrel and we wouldn't change it to go all pink or blue if we knew. Its just so tempting to find out isn't it!!

I just worry incase they get it wrong ( it did happen to a guy at work!)and also that it takes away the element of suprise.

What is everyone else thinking? xx

Replies

• Options
    We won't be finding out. We didn't with my son and I really enjoyed the surprise when he was born (and it was a surprise as I thought I was going to have a girl - as everyone had been guessing girl).

I can see that finding out at the scan must be really exciting and it is nice to prepare, and I could be tempted, but my husband really wants a surprise and I'm happy to go for that too! It was a lovely feeling when my son was born and I saw that he was a boy, I can't wait to have that feeling again!

• Options
    i found out with my first and will defo find out with this one. I loved knowing and named her and snuck buying her clothes (as we told no-one what we were having). I use to sit out the back and talk to her but a decision like this is something only u and hubbie can decide together. let us know what u decide
  • Options
    Ahhh thanks ladies, i know its such a personal decision and i think in my heart i know i want to keep it a suprise its just tempting isn't it!!!!

xx
  • Options
    I am not sure - we didn't find out with DD but only because they couldn't see at our 20 week scan, if they had been able to tell then we'd have found out.

However, this time around as we didn't know with her I feel that we should do the same with this one - but I suspect that when I have my 20 week scan if they can see we'll ask them to tell us. If we do find out we'll keep it a secret though.

Amme

14 + 6
  • Options
    We ddnt find out with DD1 but my hubby says he wants to know. I am curious for sure but i can still remember being in labour and still thinking "i wonder what it will be" and it kept me going. It was the first thing i asked when she came out. Hubby thinks it will make it easier as if its a boy we can chuck the baby clothes from my daugther and obv keep them if its a girl and altho i can see where hes coming from i dont think il change my mind. Also he wouldnt wana tell anyone and i seriously dont think i could keep it from my parents!
  • Options
    We didn;t find out with DS, but we don't get the chance to find out at our 20 week scan so made the decision a little easier x We won't be finding out this time, although if I had the chance I think I would but then again like someone else said the not knowing lkept me going through labour and the moment OH told me it was a boy will be one I never forget x x
  • Options
    We found out with our daughter and will definitely find out again this time around, so long as baby is playing nicely.

It will be interesting to know aswell as I said from the beginning last time I was having a girl...and was right. This time i feel sure its a boy...so be nice to know if my intuition is right!!

• Options
    Its definitely tempting but we're not going to, really love surprises image
  • Options
    we werent going to as we laready have one of each. but..... i am so impatient so went and booked a gender scan at 16 weeks!! i find out on the 16th may.

just hope i dont regret it!! hehe xxx
  • Options
    We didn't find out with our 1st but did with 2 and 3 and will again this time. We had 2 boys and when we found out our 3rd was a girl we managed to keep it from everyone especially my mil who has 4 boys and was thrilled when our dd was born.

If it is another boy we will probably tell everyone because my dd would like a baby sister so it will give her the chance to get used to the idea, if it is a girl we probably won't tell her then she will have a nice surprise!!