Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rhesus Negative?

Hi Ladies,

So I had my 16 week midwife app on Monday and she told me that my blood results had come back and my blood type is rhesus negative, which means that I will have to have injections called Anti D.

One at 28 weeks and then at the birth, and they also send you home with one to do at home...

They will also test the cord blood to see what blood type the baby is, whether it is a positive or a negetive

Anyone have any experience of this?

Love TW xxx

Replies

• Yes me, I am A neg. When I had him (only 18 months ago) it was 2 injections so pleased it is now only 1. I am not an injection wimp and it really isnt that bad, bit sore but fine.

They tested babies cord blood in hosp and he was also neg which was good news for me for future pregnancies.

I have never heard of having to take an injection home but as I said it has all changed in 18 months

Good Luck x

14+0
  • Hiya, I've had this with all of mine.

I only had one at 28 weeks and one after birth though, never heard of the one at home and last time I had mine was last October. They're nothing to worry about though.
  • Gate crashing from DIS.

I am A neg, had 3 injections on mine. 28 weeks, 32 weeks and birth. x
  • i'm also rh neg. i had to have one after my mmc last week, and got to have 3 this time, 28wks, 32wks and birth i think
  • I am also rh- and have had different amounts of anti d with each of my children, they seem to change their minds all of the time. As some of the others have said I think it is only one this time.

My boys were both negative then my daughter positive x