Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone got a booster style highchair?

Hi Ladies,

has anyone got a booster style highchair that fixes to a normal kitchen or restaurant chair, that they can recommend to me? B is quite big for his age, quite tall and broad so dont want to end up buying one that he'll be cramped in. We're going away this weekend so would like to get one for taking with us!

xx

Replies

• We have the Move Jane from Mothercare. It's lightweight with it's own carrybag, has a removeable cover for easy washing and adjustable straps to attach to most restaurant or dining table chairs. It's recommended for age 18mths up although it is fairly low backed (but then you have the other chair it is backed against) it has an adjustable lap strap. My DD is slightly below the recommended age but loves being able to sit at the dining table for dinner with us. She is tall but slender (the lap strap is nearly as tight as it can be). There are others on Mothercare website that attach to table rather than chair but found restricted leg room.
  • We've got two. One is from asda, in baby event which is on now funny enough. Think it's a lindam one. The other was from mothercare and is there own make. Both have carry bags and removable trays if you need them. They both fit well onto any style of dining chair using two separate straps, one underneath chair and other behind chair. I would recommend both, but because the baby event is on I would sat go for asda one as it's cheaper! X
  • I would say DON'T buy the mamas and papas exclusive one from Argos, its tiny, the tray is minute, and although Isabelle fits in it, I don't think she will for much longer!

Our friends have a mothercare one, and the drawback with that is that the fabric isn't wipe clean. Both were ??35

The bestest one we use is the ??6.99 argos cheapie plastic chunky thing! I think this is the same as the asda one, or there abouts!

Bets XxX
  • Thanks ladies!

Because i'm limited to certain shops where i live and then the certain stock they get in I have gone for the simple one recommended by Betsy and its very similar to the asda one so will see how it goes and let you know!

Thanks again.

xx