Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09

Eating!!!

Hellooo everyone, back online after a weekend away in the IOW and lovely as it was I am glad to be home. Am feeling very tired and emotional though and I have no idea why image TBH it was pretty exhausting and Isla's eating has been really getting me down (or lack of it!) SO I have decided that from tomorrow I am cutting out the snacks. I added up everything she consumes just in snacks throughout the day and it pretty much makes up 2 meals! Ive gotten into a terrible habit of not making her eat in her highchair too just because its too stressful and this made for some awful restaurant/cafe nightmares whilst we were away. Im not going to starve her obvs, just going to make sure she is going in her highchair for every meal time, and if she doesn't eat, then she gets down and does not have anything else until a proper 'snack' time. So probably between 10-10.30 in the mornings and then 2-3pm in the afternoons if she wants it. Does this sound harsh? I just know the only reason she's gotten into the habits she has lately is down to us not wanting to listen to her screaming at mealtimes and the volume of snackage she has during the day is because Im so paranoid she'll kick off in public! Long rambley post sorry girls, just so tired today image x

Replies

• I think your plan sounds like an excellent one. Gabe has always eaten the majority of his meals in a booster seat at the dinner table. He too however has his moments when he is a total nightmare but that is to be expected. I too am guilty of giving him snacks at the wrong time which totally screw up meal times so I know where you are coming from. When I try and get it right he has a snack around 9.30-10am and then again about 2ish. He has breakfast at around 7am.

Also, and importantly, don't be too hard on yourself. We all do whatever works for us at the time. Hubby and I still co-sleep when we have to just to get some sleep but there are loads of people out there who would be shouting "no, don't do it"!. You have recognised a problem and now you are going to address it - signs of a very good and wise mummy if you ask me!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

C.x