Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09

Burping?

Is anyone still burping LO after a milk feed? JJ FIGHTS me until i put him in his cot (sniff sniff i miss sleepy cuddles) bu i still worry about trapped wind.

xx

Replies

• No, my LO feeds himself his bottle now.....apart from bed feed but then I put him over my shoulder for a cuddle and he usually does a burp then.

I dont worry too much as the 30 times he gets up and stands in his cot prob does the trick for him to get the bubbles moving hahaha
  • Sometimes Luke will burp himself so its fine, sometimes after a night feed I rub his back and he will burp sometimes no burb.

• E burps herself now, she sometimes has trapped wind but gets it up herself bless her. She hates me patting her back.
    xxxx
  • I only really do this after her bedtime feed. The rest of the time she is wriggling around and it comes naturally!
    If I give her a bottle in the night she feeds herself, drops the bottle when she has had enough (I swoop it away!) and rolls over and there is no way on earth I am waking her to wind her!

xxx
  • MIRACLE CURE FOR MY BABY'S TRAPPED WIND!!
    I am a mother of a 2 month old baby girl.
    I have been really upset by her constant crying/lack of sleep
    for us both.
    She kept making pushing noises like she was in pain and tensing her body up and
    it really made me feel so helpless!!
    I had tried all the different ways of holding her & bought Infacol and found none of them to be very helpful.
    I spent a while googling it one night and someone mentioned that proping the baby up on a
    few pillows so they were in a sideways sitting position helped them,
    I tried it with not much hope but OH MY GOD!! I am so glad I did as she has
    not been in pain since! It's a bit of a pain at night as I can't lie down and feed her I have to be as upright as
    possible but it's well worth it as she is such a happy baby now!! now I can enjoy her!