Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09

Baby Products

My midwife said not to use baby products on ollie or in his bath till he is 6 weeks seems like a long time to me tho anyone using them ok? as he is four weeks today so thinkinh it must be ok soon ?

Rach and Ollie 4 weeks xxx

Replies

• My midwife said I could use baby oil on Hannahs skin as it was really dry, but nothing in her bath until 6 weeks. She is nice an clean with just water, so I will probably steer clear of other lotions until 6 weeks

Cate
  • I didnt use anything in his first couple of baths, but i have since.....just asda brand bath stuff for babies. He scremed the house down on his first couple, but once we used the bubble stuff he hasnt cried since....not sure whether it has anything to do with it or not??

Ive been using sudocream on his dry skin aswell xx
  • I used johnsons products when Bertie was couple of wks, he came up with rash spots on face and neck, not sure if product related but stopped anyway. Went to doctor who said baby rashes are very common and go all by themself. Since then ive been using Infacare as bubble bath and Aqueus cream as cleanser. The rash has cleared up but not sure when to start using johnsons again, ive a huge gift box to get through.

Also my neighbour is doctor and she was told by a johnsons rep that she would never use johnsons on her baby as it strips the babies skin of natural oils.

Gx
  • I also use johnsons products whcih is 100% organic and baby skin friendly. I also used baby bath tub for my 10 months old baby. I always excited to buy baby products whcih are best friends for my baby.