Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 09

Coil anyone? Bad PMT

I had the coil fitted when LO was 6 weeks as I didnt want to go back on the pill as I had been on it for 11 years and my mum and other members of my family have had breast cancer. The doctor recommended the coil, but the non hormone one, the old style copper t. I have no problems with the coil in terms of pain or comfort but I bleed really heavily, I often bleed though my sanitary wear (sorry tmi) and have twice bled through my jeans when I have been out. So embarrassing as I just start to really bleed and cant preempt it.

Consequently, I am tired from LO never sleeping at night, silly heavy periods which are making me tired also.

Has anyone else got the coil? what are your periods like if you dont mind me asking.

Also I think as I was on the pill for so many years then preggers, I am really struggling with PMT. I never really understood when people said that they had it. But now I do. I am VERY emotional, sensitive and tearful. It is really out of character for me and the close people around me are not used to it. Is this normal and is there anything herbal I can take to help?

Sorry for the rambling threads today

Replies

• I had the coil for 4 years before trying for Luke due to having heavy and irregular periods. I hada the merina coil not sure what ones what, it made them really light and halved the lengh I was on for. Af have not returned yet (yippee) if when they return and are heavy and iregular again I will go and have another one, not that I need it for concreption anymore, email me if you have any questions.

• Thanks Rebecca, the Mirina is the other one. I am on the copper one.....I dont think it is working out.

I love not having to worry but the periods are super heavy.

Sooooo jealous about no AF! Bliss!
  • Yep it is bliss, Can I suggest you go with it for a bit if you can they should calm down if not ask your Doctor again. I know what its like I have had accidents in the past as well, not nice.

• hi hunny i hav copper coil, and only had it fitted wen hol was about 8 weeks, they will prob tel to go with it for about 6months b4 u change etc,

i think its fab that you dont have to think about anything, my periods are really heavy too, and i get pain for the 1st day but i did have herrendous periods before . u could always change to mirena coil but bcoz this has hormones it might make u more emotional etc! u can also mail me if u need to. or fb. smile kk!!
    xxxx
  • No coil (infact am on no contraception eeeeek!!! i was on the pill for soooo long and im scared to have a coil put in and scared the implant/injection will make me FATTER!!)

BUT i have serious PMT i am a complete monster, i cry constantly i feel depressed i cant even be bothered to speak or move!! I also really suffer for period pains now to, before JJ i had neither PMT or painful periods!!

Sorry no help xx
  • Steph -massive help, nice to know I am not the only irrational crying pmt sufferer! its embarrassing, I am like a different person around af x
  • I am sooooo PMT and I never was before. I generally get quite agressive then low. I am on the pill but had same pill before Harry so its not due to that maybe its tiredness etc too.
    I too am like a different person and hate it xx
  • I was always a wreck on the pill, i tried about 10 different types and then microgynon seemed to be the best...although i still had pmt, the banging head, etc. Then i cam eoff if when were decided to TTC and i felt such relief! No headaches, no pmt, hardly any cramp and periods were just the same, average. I went back on it last month as i was worried about falling preg again (in a drunken stuper!) and was sick of condoms etc. What a month! I cried for most of it, felt so depressed, i kept thinking up awful situations and crying, my headache was back and i had spots. So, had af and haven't taken it since and i am a diff person.

I have been wondering if the coil might be a solution but not sure after reading this post xx

• I have had the copper coil in for about 4 months now and just recently am getting very bad pmt. Not sure if it's related to me having the coil in? Just feel very sensitive to everything, im usually such a ''jokey'' person and can takes jokes but just lately, the things that would usually make me laugh are offending me and im finding myself picking at every little thing my partner does even though i know he;s not doing anything wrong and i feel sooooooo irritable and snappy! Anyone else have this problem with the copper coil? Also my periods are really bad, very very heavy and for about two days i get really really bad period pain!!!!