Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel like a total invalid :-(

Just having a moan really. I'm feeling completely rubbish all the time. This week i'm not just feeling slightly nauseous anymore, but like i might actually be sick at any minute. I made myself a lovely bean salad for my lunches at work on sunday, but when i went to get it out the fridge monday morning i almost threw up from the smell. Hubby had to get rid of it all. I never feel like eating anything, but when i do it's unhealthy stodgy things like nachos, and even had Mcdonalds today, which i hate doing coz i want to eat best things for baby. I'm grinding my teeth all the time too coz that's what i do when i feel sick, which can't be good.

I'm always tired too, really struggling with full days at work, i'm quite bright for about the first hour but that's it. Had half day today and then came home, had lunch and went to bed for 2 hours.

On top of all that i feel like i'm going to burst into tears every moment. I cried coz i broke a mug the other day, thank god i was at home!

If i wasn't pregnant i'd think there was something seriously wrong with me! image

xxx

Replies

• Oh hun I totally sympathise I feel horrendous! I feel v guilty because I feel like I'm neglecting the kids a bit and I haven't been able to eat an evening meal for weeks and though I am cooking for them and hubby its nothing exciting!

Roll on 12weeks eh fingers crossed it gets better xx
  • Hi Tigerlily13uk, don't be too hard on yourself. If you feel that sick I would just eat what you can when you can, don't stress too much about nutritional content for a few days - it's not like you'll eat rubbish food for months.

Have you tried ginger biscuits? They help me. I'm feeling sick more and more now - its not really bad but it's just that nauseous feeling. Yuk!

I can totally relate to the struggling at work thing - I was thinking of taking 2 days holiday next week just to rest - but too much on so feel guilty asking

• Hi Tiger (((hugs))) to you!

Its totally rotten and I am feeling similar to you. image

I have given up eating healthy in favour of just eating.

I've taken today off work sick as I have no holiday left and just feel so awful. It honestly seems that by wednesdays I'm whacked and could stay in bed all day.

The only thing which is helps me is to force myself to eat crackers as soon as I feel sick and then try to eat something more substantial. I'm really trying to drink lots too but often even water makes me feel crap when it gets bad.

Honestly the hunger is what makes it worse so if you can eat something this will help.

Here's hoping the weeks fly until 12 weeks when we should all feel better. x
  • Just a thought to those suffering with sickness. A few girls from my last due in forum used preggy pops (think you can just google them). Alternatively, what about ice lollies / pops? Maybe just the fruit juice kind? Then it's healthy but at least you are getting a little fuid in you.

Hope you all feel better soon x
  • I've just ordered some juice ice lollies to come with our weekly shop image

Here's hoping they help. For some reason the only thing I fancy eating today is chicken soup and bread???

Weird as you'd think this was quite rich but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can and can't stomach and it also seems to change daily! :?

My positive spin is that without all this nausea I'd be panicing but does it have to be this bad?? :roll:
  • have you tried rich tea?
  • Hi girls, thanks for the messages and advice. Hope you're all feeling ok today.

To top things off i've now also got a UTI, had to go to out of hours docs last night coz felt so awful, so am on antibiotics, which are safe ones but still worrying, and they never tend to agree with me. image

Have taken today off work sick, which they weren't surprised at when i rung in, coz apparently i looked terrible yesterday - always nice to hear! image

It's hubby's day off so he's looking after me - in between playing his computer games! Cereal seems to be the one thing that stops me feeling ill at the moment so am mainly eating shreddies, but have had some fruit too which makes me feel refreshed at least.

Just hope i can recover a bit over the weekend and be back at work for mon, i hate taking time off sick. Also counting down the days until tuesday when i'm finally 8 weeks along and allowed to ring the midwives for my booking in appointment!

Nat xx
  • Hi Tigerlily,

A UTI - ouch! It doesn't sound very nice. image

But hopefully you can rest up and keep up the fluids.

I'm glad the cereal is helping and maybe once the antibiotics hit the uti on the head you will feel much better generally.

So far I'm finding cheerios are good and bananas too. image
  • How are you today Tigerlily? I hope a bit better image
  • Hi Tulip, feel a bit less sick this week, actually feel like eating again! Antibiotics are kicking in too so that's good. Been back at work today.

To be honest though i just feel really down. When i'm at work all i want to do is be at home, when i'm at home all i want to do is lie around and sleep, and i hate that, but i'm finding it hard to do anything else. I've been so looking forward to being pregnant, and i am really happy and excited about it, but sometimes i just feel miserable - it sounds so awful. Just hope it's all early pregnancy hormones and will go away soon and leave me to enjoy the next 7 or so months.

Sorry to have such a moan - it's really nice of you to ask after me and i've just whinged on again!

How are you getting on?

xxx
  • Hi hon,

Glad you're a bit better. I completely understand how you feel.

I've been feeling quite down and lethargic for the past 2 weeks or so to the point it made me question if I really was happy to be pg. I've just wanted to sleep and have my cats or dh with me.

I think its hormonal as today I have snapped out of it randomly and I do want this baby so much. Its just hit me all in one go and knocked me off balance for a while.

Hopefully we'll both be improving now steadily. Today I've discovered that whilst off most foods pineapple is nice and refreshing. Bizaare!

Hang in there x