Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Prams!! :o)

I know it's very early, but me & hubby went looking for prams yesterday, & its soooo confusing as there are so many bloody options!!

Online we both liked the Icandy peach, but in real life it was so heavy! the carry cot is nice & big though which was a plus. Also the Quinny buzz which we liked as reeaaly wide, & i dont think it would actually fit through our quite narrow front door! One that i did like though is the silver cross surf, very light & easy to use, and you dont need a carry cot as seat is useable from birth with an insert!

Anyone else started looking or have an idea of what you want? they are all so expensive too! but then we do want the isofix family base & pebble car seat! image

hope your all well xx

Replies

• We had a Mothercare pram for ds which I went off so I got a new pram for Isla (22months) I got the Pliko Pramette from mamas and pappas which I really liked image Its still like new. Then I also have a lightweight buggy - the petite star zia which I used from 9months ( still used the pliko too under she was a bit older) I still use the zia now occasionally when its too far for her to walk, but the Zia can be used from birth so is a good option as a spare!
  • I'm completely with you Mrsp!

We've looked around in John Lewis, BabysRus and mothercare but there are just so many!

We liked the Graco ones from looking online but these are aither too heavy or don't have enough space.

In John Lewis we had a go on the iCandy Peach and very much like it but the Cherry was much lighter and had a bigger shopping basket. The downside is that the handle is not adjustable and DH and I are 6ft1 and 5ft4 so we want to have another go to see if this matters.

As for the mothercare ones they seemed ok but we haven't really had a go on them yet.

I think we need to be bolder and get some demos going. I just feel odd as I don't even have a bump yet.image
  • we have the mothercare my choice 3 in black and love it. we're just gonna get a buggy board for ds when LO puts in an appearance
  • I was loving the icandy peach blossom but thinking the baby sat at the back doesn't seem to have much room! Taking DH back to John Lewis soon to look at it again and also the Baby Jogger City Select which I am liking the look of x
  • I love the icandy pear (I will need a double buggy), but also have just checked out the new bugaboo donkey which isn't going to be released until Spring and I think this one is now my number 1 choice. I hate to think how much it will cost though....x
  • The Obaby oyster pram is light weight and folds really small if thats any help
  • I hate to think how much it will cost though....x

I saw the price somwhere - ??1400 image
  • Eek! Really KayeCee?????? I love it but that is a heck of a lot to spend on a pram, especially when I already have a gorgeous Silver Cross.

I might have to rethink that now. Trust me to have expensive taste - ha ha!!! image
  • I keep hearing about bugaboos but not seen them - what sort of a pram are they and are they generally expensive?
  • I had been looking at the mothercare spin but then i saw the icandy cherry liquorice colour and love it but my dh is not keen on it.Typical.

xxx
  • Ooh Diddlydee there's still time to 'work on him' .:lol:

At the moment we are going for the cherry (until we see something else!) and we like liquorice or fudge.

• I like the new one thats just come out too,have you seen it tulip?

I will have to take him to the shop to look at it i think.

xxx
  • Oh yes, the special edition. Its a bit more expensive though.

I think our favourite is the liquorice colour combo as its so cute but not just dull black.

I'm thinking that when on maternity leave with little one I'll need something lightweight and easy to put down in one go with one hand. I like that it stays upright when folded too. I need to get measuring my boot space I think!

Happy Shopping! image
  • Bugaboo's are nice Tulip, google the cameleon and bee. I definitely like the look of the Bugaboo Donkey (apart from the name) and depending on the price might be tempted to get one.

Personally if I was looking for just a single pram I will still choose my SilverCross Sleepover (with swivel wheels) over the cameleon, but that is just my opinion.

The Bugaboo donkey, however, ticks all the right boxes for me this time because I need a double. I am definitely thinking it is better than the icandy pear, but until I physically see one to compare I shall keep an open mind.