Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New here, worrying stomach cramps

Hi ladies, I wasn't go to post here as I didn't want to tempt fate as I have already had 2 mmc's. Anyway, I found out last week that i'm pg again and due 29th Sep by my lmp. Both hubby and I are very excited but i'm getting more and more worried. I've been having constant mild cramps in my uterus, it always feels like i'm constipated (sorry!)and I don't remember stretching pains like this before. Am I being overly worried because of my history?? Have any of you had a lot of cramps? Mine aren't massively painful, I just always know they're there and sometimes it feels like there's something inside my tummy poking in various places. I have a 9cm cyst on my left ovary which I was due to have removed and don't know if i'm worrying because of that. The pains aren't really near it though.

Congratulations to you all on your beans, i'm very far behind you all, no where near even a sniff of a scan yet!!xx

Replies

• Hi there,

Welcome to due in september!

I can say I had lots of cramps that were on and off and varied to constant for a while too. They were generally mild but got VERY painful when constipated or holding a wee - my old IBS raring I thing.

I would say now I am 7 weeks along they have reduced a bit but were worse between 4-6 weeks.

It is completely normal to have the cramps as your womb is stretching a lot and your bowel, bladder and womb are so close together inside at the moment. This is what my Midwife said when I asked her. It got so abd I was quite worried but my pg symptoms are still making me very sick so I think all is fine :lol:

In actual fact I think it is a good sign for you as you know things are still in progress.image

You are bound to worry given your past experience but I really think it is reassuring.

Hope this helps! x
  • Hi, I had slight stretching pains for the 1st couple of wks and asked the doctor about them and she said it was nothing to worry about.

I can understand why you'd be worried though hun but try to relax. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about unless the cramps are really bad but you mentioned that they're mild X
  • Thank you both, I think I am starting to think far too much about it. If this was my first pregnancy I probably wouldn't think so much about it but since I got my bfp i've been worrying more and more and living on the internet, which is not good! Thanks again xx
  • Hey kwn - I posted on your cyst thread in pregnancy. It's funny - I didn't even know I had a cyst until my 12 week scan last time and then I was convinced (even driving home from the scan!) that it was getting painful! So, some of it might psycholigical because it's in the back of your mind. Nice to see you in here and I hope you have a smooth 9 months xxx
  • Hello, glad you're joining us. I had cramps too for the first few weeks, in fact the whole week before i even found out i was pregnant i kept waking in the night thinking i'd twisted funny coz it felt like i'd pulled a muscle in my abdomen. As the others have said, it's all very normal stretching, all the books mention it and soooo many people have asked about it on here, so that all stopped me worrying.

xxx