Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Please tell me im not the only one!!!!

Hi ladies,

Im currently 8wks+4dys pregnant, i found out i was pregnant about 2 and a half weeks ago and im absolutely ecstatic! Me and OH are completely over the moon and are soooo excited.....

However, i cant help but feel like its all going to be taken away from us any minute and this dream will be over! I know im probably crazy but i cant help obsessing over all the things that could go wrong, im always looking at miscarraige statistics, and finding out percentages when you get to 7 weeks, then 8 weeks and now 9 weeks!

Im always being drawn to google 'miscarraige symptoms' and then immediately regret it!

I cant go to the loo without straight away checking if everything is 'normal' down there!

Im soooooo excited about my 12 week scan, but im also petrified that there wont be a heart beat, or that there wont be a baby at all!

Please say im not alone in this madness! lol

Replies

• hello Jo

I might be due in Sep as well but not sure yet!

I think it is quite normal to be worried- but stress is bad for you too so can't win really

my friend gave me some good advice yesterday that I was really grateful for.

1) STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE- you can know too much.

2) apart from keeping yourself well, healthy and taking your vitamins, there is nothing more you can do, it is out of your hands now so just relax and enjoy it!

I am trying from today to do these things! Hope you can relax a bit too

Have a happy pg x
  • wifeyM-n-m,I know you're 100% right about stepping away from google, no good can come of it! If i want to find out about 'different stages' and 'what to expect' i should read a pregnancy book....or come on here!

Im definitely going to try to relax, i want to enjoy every second of being pregnant and at the moment its a little clouded with hoping that everything will be okay!

I just want to hear a heart beat! lol

xx
  • Hi and congratulations!

It's perfectly normal to feel like that. For the 1st 2 wks I was running to the loo all the time to check everything was ok - thankfully I've stopped that now!

I'd buy a couple of baby books and get your info from there rather than google. I know what you mean about miscarriage statistics as I was always checking them but we have to assume everything is fine as we have no reason to think it isn't X
  • Oh, I am TOTALLY with you on this one hun! I am a wreck. I've had 3 mc's before though so that doesn't help.

Like you I am googling mc stats all the time and reading stories about when people mc'd, what their symptoms were etc. I am constantly pressing my boobs to see if they still hurt, constantly running to the loo and have done a hpk everyday since my bfp to check they are still really dark and not fading.

Could you book an early scan to put your mind at ease? If you haven't had any bleeding etc by now then things are looking good. The risk of mc after 8.5 weeks (as long as there's a hb at that stage) is apparently only something like 2-5% so chances are you will be fine. I am actually jealous that you are almost at 9 weeks. That's my goal for when I will start to relax!

• I've been exactly the same with both my pregnancies. It's completely normal.

You never stop worrying but you will learn to relax into it and enjoy more. I think all the worrying is natures way of getting us used to motherhood!

All the best with your pregnancy and baby! Congratulations x x x
  • You are not alone!! I has a missed m/c in sept 2010 and this is my second try. I am going for an early scan tomorrow and am so scared! I too keep pressing my boobs to see if they hurt still...lol! Apart from that I haven't really had many symptoms...I was quite sick last time.

I will know by this time tomorrow so fingers crossed!

:roll:
  • Im so glad im not alone! I thought i was going crazy! lol

For some reason, the last couple of days iv started to relax into it a bit more. Obviously im still nervous and scared of what could happen but im a lot more confident that everything will be okay!

I too take a hpt once a week, just to see if the line is nice and dark, i took one on wednesday night and it came up so quick and REALLY dark! So thats a good sign!

I so wish i had a Doppler at home so i could hear a heart beat though :lol::lol:

Im feeling a bit pants today too so although i wish i wasnt feeling like this, i know its a good sign!

Thanks for all your replies!

• Let us know how it went sophiejbutt, ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

x

• hi this is my first time on the forum so hi!

reading what you put i was exactly the same - i'm 9 weeks pregnant and my first child - was constantly thinking and doing the same as you then thought what will be will be - saw my midwife a week ago and i'm just now waiting for my scan and like you i keep thinking "what if there is nothing in there" lol but apparently most people think like that.

i'm just wishing the weeks away lol - my hubby brought me a fab pregnancy book so i just read that now and no more google for me - i'm more worried if there is something wrong with the baby - cause i'm 37 (old mum lol) i just pray the baby is healthy - x
  • Hi,

Had the scan on Thurs. Didn't go exactly to plan. Baby only very small (about 6 weeks); there was a little flutter of a heartbeat. It is possible that I concieved late or baby taking its time to grow or something is wrong. Going back this Thurs for another scan so fingers crossed.

Feel worried but hopefully everything will be ok.

:?