Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I told my manager!

Went back to work today after 3 days ill - I'm pretty tired and just didn't want to lie so although I'm only 7+1 I told my manager (and made her promise not to tell anyone!).

She was absolutely lovely and although I did plan to wait until 12 wk scan I'm actually relieved I told her and at least she knows why I look so bloomin' tired!! :lol:

Replies

• Oh I bet that makes it more real !

So glad she was lovely when you told her. Like you said at least she knows now if you need some extra help/ more time off. I am only 6 weeks and already had to make up a drs and dentist appointment !
  • Hi

I'm glad it went well.
  • All my bosses know which is very annoying as none of my family (except my Dad and sister) or my friends know! I had to tell them (various line managers) as i'm in the RAF and there are certain things I can't do now. They know my history of mc's though so know not to tell anybody until I give the all clear. I hate the fact though that they know and my own Mum doesn't! x
  • Glad all went well. Makes it all real doesn't it.x