Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Midwife booking in visits

Hay ladies i am 6+1 and haven't been to the doctor or midwife yet the doctors didn't have an appointment till 7th Feb so i just went down there and got a form to fill out instead which they fax to the midwife.I have two children already but i cannot remember when you normally have it? And how long it normally takes for a midwife to get in contact with you,I know here they do a home visit for the booking in one but i cant remember the rest.If all goes to plan and all is ok then this will probably be my last baby so i want it all to go well and do it all propley this time.Also wanted to ask i was induced with both of my children but really want to go into labour on my own this time, has anybody else been through this before and gone into labour naturally?The first reason was pre-eclampsia and a day before my due date but give birth the day after my due date and the second time was bleeding and a week early but came two hours after waters being broken about a 6 hours ish labour.x

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Can't help with the being induced question but around here the MW usually sees you around 8 weeks. But I do hear that women who have had low risk, successfull pregnancies already can be seen later eg 10-12 weeks as in the initial weeks it is just reassurance and info that the MW supplies which often 2nd+ timers already know.image

Perhaps you can chase it up if you feel you need to be seen sooner and don't hear anything?
  • Options
    Hay thankyou.I have read more about it and its around 8 weeks here to.I am not high risk but do get a few problems that i have got in both pregnancys thats they said would maybe need more appointments for future pregnancy.My blood type is A negative so have to have injections to. image x
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks today and I rang the doctors today and she said the midwife wants to see ladies between 7-9 weeks, so I have my booking appointment at the surgery on 10th Feb (7+3).

I was induced with my son, I really wanted to have a natural start to labour but my BP went through the roof and my platelets through the floor so gels and water broken it was (boo!) xxx