Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Scan Update!

Hi ladies

We had our scan yesterday afternoon and everything is perfect! We saw our little baby for ages as it was jumping and rolling around so it made it hard to get the measurements. I'm convinced its a girl now i have seen her too! She has really long legs and a gorgeous button nose, was just amazing! We are 13+2 now and due on August 30th (hope you don't mind me staying in September though)!

Sadly the day took a bit of a turn when i told my dad. I was hoping he would be happy for us but he has been quite negative and is worrying over all the small things. I'm hoping he will come round to the idea but it was a shame as it ruined a nice day image

Hope everyone is doing well xxxx

Replies

• Hey hunni, so glad baby is doing well. We had the same issues with measurements yesterday and couldn't even get a decent picture as baby wouldn't stay still long enough lol

As for Dad's, its their job to worry, I am sure he didn't mean to put a downer on your special day. My dad calls me at least 5 times a day if not more to check how I am doing and if I am ok. After losing my son last year he has become almost obsessive :lol: but I wouldn't change him for the world.

I fell pregnant with my daughter at 15 and my dad was worried sick about me, I am lucky that my parents never forced me into having an abortion, it was never mentioned, they gave me the choice. The rest of my family on the other hand were not so pleased, I 100% understand their reasons and some didn't speak to me for a long time, I was the brainy one, the one that would go to Uni and make an awesome doctor one day and i had let them down but as soon as Megan was born and they held her in their arms all that worry and disappointment was washed away.

I am now pregnant with my 3rd and have take the decision to train as a midwife in the future, I don't know exactly when yet but I will.

Don't be too disheartened by your dads reaction, your his little girl and he loves you and just wants you to be safe and happy. A baby is a massive, life changing thing and I am sure once he holds you little one he will just melt

xxxx
  • hi

congratulations on your scan, my Dad was a bit negative with my first baby I think it was just the shock of being a grandparent (he thought he was too young) and also it's a huge reminder that you aren't his lttle girl anymore and shock horror you have had sex! :lol: He was fine after a while and absolutley loves the children.

• Congratulations!!

I can't believe how many of our September babies are creeping into August - naughty babies!!

• Hey,

I'm glad your scan went well. image