Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Are you finding out the gender? If so, when?

We found out with DD at the 20 week scan. We were convinced we were having a boy and so to find out he was a she was a real shock and took DH in particular a lot of getting used to (now he's the opposite and hopes we have another girl as he now knows what to do with them!). The control freaks in us like being organised and we loved choosing things for her and decorating her nursery and picking her name.

We will definitely be finding out this time but I am even more impatient than I was with DD! I am really tempted to pay for a gender scan at 16 weeks but I know that I should be patient as nothing is going to change in 4 weeks (apart from us being 80 quid worse off!).

Will be interested to hear if you are finding out and, if so, when!

K x

Replies

• Options
    We haven't decided yet if we are.We did with my first but didn't with second so not sure if i will this time as i have one of each so i am happy with either.But if it was more than one baby we will .x
  • Options
    We aren't finding out, I already have one of each so either sex will be nice image
  • Options
    We will be finding out, not that I want to even go through with the scan right now. We too have one of each and found out on Megan at 37 weeks and found out on Angel Cai at 20 weeks x
  • Options
    We found out with LO at 20 weeks and I absolutely loved knowing he was a little boy. This was sort of against hubby's wishes though so I agreed that this time we would have a surprise.

However, I'm now so desperate to find out and am secretly hoping he'll change his mind on the day. In my opinion, it's as much a surprise at 20 weeks as at 40+ weeks lol!

Peanut 14+1 (6 weeks til we COULD find out!!) xx
  • Options
    Hi,

We plan to find out if the baby is obliging at our 23 week scan.image

For us its a nice 1/2 way surprise and means we can get on with planning things and feeling like we are bonding a bit more with lo.