Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else got a lazy baby??

Had my scan today! Was first thing so wasn't able to prepare my bladder much - did drink some water but it really doesn't agree with me and came right back up. Ended up having a can of coke and some juice but didn't matter much anyway.

Main news is there really is a baby in there!! For some reason the past couple of days i've just been thinking 'what if it's a phantom pregnancy or something'! but bubs is there and little heartbeat was pounding away. Couldn't get baby to move much though. Moved his/her head at one point but apart from that nothing, even when i had a jump around for a bit. They said that's fine though, they only really get them to move for our sake, and it's probably just really comfy! Got all measurements (56.5mm!) and dated at 12+1 so only 2 days out from what i'd guessed.

Came home before work to ring my parents who are both very happy, even though it is their 4th grandchild now. Have to wait til next week to tell everyone else though as my in-laws are on hol til then so still a bit secret at the mo!

xxx

Replies