Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how to approach the subject.....

I have a dilemma, When I was pregnant with Cai OH's dad and partner offered to buy his pram. Obviously, we never got that far. They haven't mentioned it this time and the pram I want I have to get after my 20 week scan as its taking up room in my friends house but do I approach them and ask if the offer still stands or not? Do I wait to see if they offer? We could buy it ourselves but them helping us out would be a great weight lifted of my shoulders and I wont have to panic about things.

I just don't know what to do, I know that if I don't ask I wont know but I don't want to come across as rude, OH wont ask as he is as much use as a chocolate fire guard when it comes to words :lol:

I know they are probably terrified to say anything until after the scan so I think, if I am going to ask it will be after that point. My parents have got into a little money trouble, nothing major and we are helping them out, I know once they are back on their feet baby will be spoilt but I can't go to them and ask.....

WHAT DO I DO??????

Replies

• I would just start a casual converstion saying that you have been looking at prams again and have seem the one you like, just to see if they offer to pay again. That way you aren't asking out right just bringing up the topic of prams.
  • Yea, I think id say. we've been looking at prams but dont know which one. Then if they say that one, we'll get it, you will know. Im sure if they dont offer they will offer to buy something else. x