Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When do you feel definite movement??

Hi ladies, hope you are all well image

I am 18+3 today and have been feeling butterfly and bubbling sensations for a week or 2 but think im starting to feel more definite kicks and punches now but im really not sure :?

Im not sure really what its meant to feel like, as its my first baby and when i do feel something im not sure if its kicks or just something else.

Cant wait to be feeling proper kicks as it will reassure me more due to my placental problems but when will this be?

Emma and pink Aoif???? bump 18+3 x

Replies

• Hi love,

I'd say probably any time now for you as you've already had flutters. image

We're all so different though and placenta position can really affect how sensitive you are to the movements. My pregnancy books suggest movement will be felt in first-tiemrs between 16 and 20 weeks, earlier for 2nd timers.

I think by 22-23 weeks most (but not all) pregnant ladies would be onto full blown kicks so I hope its not long for you.

My 'flutters' have gotten more frequent and noticeable lately and I suspect they are already proper kicks but its a gradual increase and I'm sure one day we'll both wake up and realise that those flutters have been kicks for a few days...just increasing in strength so gradually you didn't notice.

Enjoy the light movements before they turn into kick-boxing sessions on poor mummy! image
  • Hi honey, every pregnancy is different but most people start out with butterfly/gassy sensations around 15-16wks. These will gradually strengthen to more defined kicks and punches which some people will even see through their bump. With my first pregnancy it was week 24 that my partner could feel those definate kicks through my bump and we could see bump jumping about by week 30. Best wishes and enjoy those bump movements
  • I can definitely feel the butterfly and bubbling sensations, more so when im lay flat on my back. But last few days when i lie on my side im sure i can feel her kicking, only ever so lightly but enough to think ohh was that a kick! lol.

I have multiple placental lakes and have already suffered one subchronic haematoma above the uterus at 13 and half weeks which reabsorbed and i didnt have any vaginal bleeding.

I have to have scans every 4 weeks to check baby's growth and have been told to expect my waters to break from 34+ weeks and if she hasnt arrived before 39 weeks i will be being induced at 39 weeks and maybe need a c-section.

It all seems to be going so quick, will be 19 weeks on friday and due between 15-20 weeks!! xx
  • Hi

I'm sorry its not so plain sailing for you but I'm glad you're being well looked after with additional scans and the like.image

I didn't realise you now knew you have a pink bump! Congratulations! image

I can colour you in on the due date list :lol:
  • I have that problem and still awful sickness but bump is doing great image So that keeps me happy and keeps me going lol.

Yepp OH and myself booked a private gender scan at 16+1 and was very clear i was having a baby girl, which i suspected image At every scan she has her legs slightly crossed, proper little lady lol.

We have decided to call her Aoif????, which hardly anyone can pronounce, so its like Eva but remove the V and replace with an F image Proper little Irish name.

Super excited to meet her now image

xx
  • Lovely name! I posted a few days ago because I wasn't feeling much. Since then, I've had quite a lot but it's only when I really concentrate and it's still very light prods and pokes. This is my 2nd so I was expecting to feel things earlier. My 12 week scan did say I had an anterior placenta though which can affect it. Do you know where yours is? x
  • Thank you image

I am starting to feel things but i worry that i should feel it by now and that im the only one who cant lol. I worry lots due to my previous 4 MMC/MC but they all ended between 5-7 weeks pregnant so this baby is defo a keeper image lol.

As far as i know my placenta is lying where it should be but i have placental lakes, like small pools of blood inside the placenta which can stop baby growing as big as she should.

They said if she comes more 34 weeks then she will be around 3/4lbs and more towards 39 then maybe 5lbs if she is very small and 6+lbs image

But i will find out more at my 20week scan next thursday image x
  • I have mine next Thurs too image Can't come quick enough! x
  • Hi Emma, are you due 16th Sept? Cuz I am also 18 and 3 today and I am due then. Are we due date buddies?? :lol:
  • Emma just also noticed that the docs have said your little girl might be small, my little girl was born at 38 + 5 and weighed 6lb. Sounds like yours might be about the same! She is 2 and 7 months now and is still quite small, wearing 18-24 month clothes, just, and they are still too long! But small is good! She is an angel!
  • Hi 2nd Sept Bump image

My official due date is September 16th but they are bringing her a week early, so September 9th if she hasn't already arrived, so yep suppose we are bump buddies image

My consultant told me because my waters can break naturally from 34 weeks and to be ready from 30+ weeks that she could be anything from 2lbs-6lbs, so a teeny tiny baby but i think she will hold out to at least 36+ weeks image

Scares me to think i will be 20 weeks on friday and that she could come early in 10 weeks time!! Seems to be flying by now but i'm happy about that, cant wait to meet my princess image

• Crikey, I can see why you are nervous! But I am sure it will all be fine. I can not wait now. 20 weeks tomorrow and scan on Tuesday! Its all finally becoming real!!
  • 21 weeks now and having big kicks, this in number 3 though. I also get kicks above my belly button now which has started in the last 2 days image