Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Will be having an elective csec

I saw the consultant yesterday and she will be performing an elective csec at 39 weeks (so I guess around the 1st / 2nd Sept). I go back on 3rd Aug to get my baby's actual birth day image Yikes! This is all getting close now!

Replies

• eek how exciting hun!!! x
  • OH HOW EXCITING FOR YOU.X
  • Oh my goodness - how surreal that you will know its birthday in advance!

You're right its going very quickly now!
  • Wow, I've heard that an elective c-sec is nice as you can prepare in advance for what's going to happen and when. Can't wait to hear the date when you know it.
  • Hi Hun,

I had a date for my section with my 1st baby but went into labour a few days before the planned date so ended up with an urgent c section and about 7 hrs of labour which i hadnt bargined for image I'll also be having a section this time but fingers crossed I make it to the planned date this time xx
  • mum2jd, of course I don't mind you asking. I was induced a week over but after 30 hours and the drip and epidural I was still only 8cm and they couldn't even feel her head. My section was brilliant too and luckily I recovered really well. I was so shattered after having the section on top of all that labour that I really think it impacted my first hew days with her. I think it's better the devil you know! We also have the added complication of having moved to a different part of the country last summer so have nobody to look after DD if I go into spontaneous labour.

babyblaylock - I did ask what happens if I go into labour and they did say they'd do an emcs unless I was like 10cms!!! Really hoping I can bypass the whole labour thing after last time! x
  • I too have been told i will be given a c-section at 39 weeks, brining my due date to Sept 9th due to multiple placental lakes but today at my 20 week scan they spotted i now also have a low lying placenta so not sure if this will bring my dates forward again.

I also have the fact that my waters can break naturally anytime from 30 weeks but my consultant thinks more along the lines of 34 weeks so not sure really what will happen now till i see my consultant at 28 weeks to get my final plan of action!

Its really exciting and seems so much closer! I feel already like i need to rush haha!