Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 week scan nerves

Hello Girlies

So nice to hear all the stories from your 20 week scans. I have to say I am so nervous about mine, it is next friday and I am so worried that all the stress I have had at work recently is going to have done something horrible. My Hubby is so chilled out and just says everything will be fine but I have been having a really bad time of it at work lately and been getting really upset most days ! I hope to be getting somewhere now with HR at work but am just so scared !

I had my midwife appointment last week and she heard heart beat ok but I can't stop thinking the worst. I was like this with my 12 week scan , its so silly just wish I could enjoy it all ! Also have felt no movements or anything so that makes me worse. It is my first so just hoping it is just a bit late for me.

Sorry to be so silly, just need to write my worries down,

xxxx

Replies

• Hey hun, its so normal to be worried about your 20 week scan. We are all fully aware that its THE scan where they will pick up problems and therefore makes us all worry. I can assure you the stress will have caused no issues. I didn't sleep for 2 weeks before mine, I napped throughout the day but just could not settle at night. We lost our little boy at 25+5 weeks but we knew from 20 weeks he was ill, so this time round it was nothing but worry and stress and our baby is ok.

I never felt my first move until 21+ weeks so I wouldn't worry about it at all xx
  • Try not to worry, I'm sure your work will have little to no impact on you precious cargo. As torch says its normal to have nerves and I think every woman (and partner) probably feels an eliment of nerves at their scans. We're all here routing for you.
  • Thank you both of you, really appreciate the replies ! Will keep you posted !
  • Best of luck hon.

Just think that the only thing you can do for you and baby between now and then is to look after you both as best you can.

So plenty of TLC from OH and lots of relaxation and treating yourself too xx