Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

second guessing a name

Hi girls,

As some of you will know our little girl has been called Abigail (Abby) for the last 4 weeks. We have all referred to her as this and it has stuck. My problem is that the more I say it and hear it the more it just doesn't seem to fit image I asked OH how much he liked it and well, he loved it so now I have no idea what to do.

I feel selfish changing it as Megan has become so used to calling her Abby. I put so much thought into Megan and Cai's names and middle names and just sort of feel like we chose Abigail too soon without really looking around.

What do I do?

Replies

• Abigail was a name hubby and I considered to begin with then Gabrielle got mentioned (Abbi or Gabbi). Suddenly out of the blue at 12wk scan he announced he was quite fond of the name Hannah. We've always had Louise in mind for second name after my late FIL Louie and the idea of Hannah Louise has now grown on us. If a name doesn't seem right to you maybe suggest an alternative name and Abigail as a middle name. When Samantha was born I had a woman and her OH arguing over naming their daughter, he wanted to stick to original name they'd thought of Caitlin but upon seeing baby she thought Holly suited better. A friend of my sister couldn't agree with her OH so they were bold enough to let their 2yr old name their daughter (Tinkerbell, Laa ~Laa none the less). You've still got some time to consider names, discuss with your family and find one you all like. Enjoy it.
  • Hi Torch,

Perhaps its because you chose it quickly that you are getting 'cold feet'? But just because it came to you quickly could be because its right.image

My sister is called Abby - not ABigail just Abby - so I'm a bit biased but I think its really pretty and not too common.

Perhaps try to think of 2-3 other names and say them aloud. I reckon you'll soon be back with your original choice. image

Don't fret - what is meant to be will be xx