Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Argh!!! Need a rant

Sorry, but need to get this of my chest. We live in a 3rd floor apartment which is normally served by a lift. Alas the lift has been out of action now for over a week and looks likely to be out of action for yet another week. On the upside having to climb up and down 3 flights of stairs is keeping me fit but when I'm having to juggle a toddler and shopping/post in the equation it isn't half difficult. Glad they've already delivered my cotbed or heaven knows what I'd have done as some companies will only deliver to 2nd floor!!! (Tesco being one). Seriously starting to consider home birth if this goes on too much longer.

Replies

• What a nightmare! Think I'd have passed out climbing 3 sets of stairs. OUr little man's nursery is on our 2nd floor and I'm out of breath taking him up 2 flights of stairs.

Hope it gets fixed soon xx
  • Oh no. I'm already trying to work out ways to stop walking up the one flight of stairs with DD! 3 would be enough for me not to go out until Sept! Let's hope they get their @rses in gear and fix it for you soon! x