Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive urine check..

Had my 24 week Midwife appointment this morning, she checked my urine and it came back with 2 positives.

She asked me how i had been feeling and i told her not great... This may explain why!

I had to do a mid stream urine test and have it sent off to the hospital and she told me i could find out the result by Friday/Monday.

I have been feeling really really dizzy, fast pulse, sore throat and ears, sick, cramps low down and in lower back and very tired over the past few days.

My blood pressure wasn't too low but my pulse was at 112bpm.

I asked her if i had anything to worry about, she said there are lots of different infections you can get so really depends on which one i have and how long i've had it for. Just hope that everything is ok.

Baby is fine though, nice strong heartbeat and kicking away like mad, can tell she is getting bigger and stronger as her kicks are getting harder and she makes my whole belly move lol.

Has anyone else had an infection and how bad was it?

Emma and Aoif???? Bump 23+4 x

Replies

• Options
    Oh you poor thing. Touch wood I have been lucky not to have any infections during pregnancy but my sister had similar symptoms with a kidney/urine infection during pregnancy which they managed to treat over the 4wks following it's discovery (can not recall what sort of treatment it was, think it was antibiotics). Will keep things crossed that you've caught it early on and so will not need too much work to rid yourself of it again. Hope you're feeling better soon.