Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeling really poorly

Had my 24 week MW on Tuesday where she found i had 2 Positives in my urine, she said my symptoms definitely sound like some kind of infection and that she would send off a MSU and have it checked.

The doctor gave me some antibiotics on wednesday as i am feeling so ill, she said they should help.

I woke up yesterday feeling very sick, i had some weetabix and a drink and bought it all back up and then for the rest of the day was unable to keep anything down, had a high temp on and off, feeling very dizzy and a very fast pulse.

My doctor called me and told me to stop taking the antibiotics, wait for my results to come in and see how i was over night and tomorrow (today now).

Woke up this morning feeling very sick again and dizzy and still unable to eat, been having small amounts of fluid and managed a few tea biscuits. Called up for my results and they have come back negative :? So quite confused now as i'm feeling so awful and the MW and Doctor both said its an infection.

Called my MW and am currently waiting for her to call as another MW said its not normal and i need to be checked! Also got to see the Doctor later for them to check me over.

Baby has slowed down with movement a little but i'm still getting kicks and punches every so often so been told to monitor that too!

I'm getting worried that something bad is wrong image

Kind of a pointless post but needed to kind of write stuff down to make me feel a little better and pass some time whilst waiting for my MW.

Emma and Aoif???? Bump 24+0

Replies

• Hey hun. My friend is 28 weeks and is feeling exactly the same. She was told it was an infection but her results were fine, they think she has picked up a bug from somewhere. I am sure baby will be fine but please keep us posted xx
  • Hope you start to feel better soon Emma. All sounds a bit of a mystery, hope the midwife can shed some light for you xx