Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Growth scan today :/

Hey ladies.

Well after seeing the midwife yesterday and being told I was measuring 28+ weeks I had to see the consultant this morning for a scan. Lots of people told me that measuring is not accurate and a lot of midwives don't even do it any more well guess what......she was right....Our baby is measuring 28+ weeks and already weighs 2lb 6oz.

To put this in perspective my friend had her 28 week growth scan the other day and her baby is 1lb 12oz and bang on the line.

So I have to go back in 2 weeks to have another scan but they said she is really healthy. The doctor set the midwives a challenge to trace the baby's heartbeat, they don't normally do it until 28-30 weeks. We only lost the trace 3 times but her heart beat and rate is fine.

Looks like my baby is going to be a monster image:lol:

Replies

• Wow, she sounds like she's going to be a good size baby! Is it because of the diabetes do they think?

Glad to hear all's healthy and well xx
  • Hey hun, Well they have said its very common with gestational diabetes, they will be keeping and eye on her over the next few weeks. They don't seem concerned by it at all though which is really positive xx
  • My sister had gestational diabetes with my nephew (11lb 6 when he was born) but they didn't realise until she was 1wk overdue and he hadn't engaged because his head was too big.