Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not nice news :(

Hiya, dont know if anyone remembers me. Im the one with a twin bump. I had a anomoly scan 2 weeks ago and found out im having 2 boys. Unfortunately, one isnt doing to good. He has a condition called hydrops. Basically he has fluid all around his organs and under his skin. This is due to him having fetal anaemia. He has had a blood transfusion which seems to be helping him but we've a long way to be out of the woods yet. Will you all pray for my little man?? xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Laura, darling, my son Cai had unexplained hydrops. As soon as I read your post and seen that word I have just started crying. I know exactly how you feel sweetie, I really do. Hydrops in boys is rare. The fact they have been able to give a transfusion is so positive, Cai's hydrops were too far advanced to be able to help him. Please know you are in my thoughts, if you need to talk please message me and I will pass you my phone number. I know this is a scary time hun but please know I am here if you need anything at all

Torch xx
  • Options
    aww, thankyou. Its awful isnt it. No one can give me any answers but my consulatant has given me hope. She said before he had the transfusion that it was risky especially for us as we have one healthy twin but she'd succesfully treated a baby of triplets. However, we just couldnt do nothing. They think its due to parvovirus as most tests ie downs, edwards, turners have come back clear. The virus is good as theres a good chance with treatment he'll get better but still a long way to go. I hope it hasnt dreadged up memorys of the bad kind. I have asked prima if they would do a piece on hydrops as there is no where near enough awareness on the subject. Id never heard of it until now and even my hospital didnt know alot. Ive been referred to liverpool womens hospital and they have been amazing. xx
  • Options
    I've not heard of this condition so a piece on it would be good to bring awareness. Like so many things in life we never learn about them till they affect us.

I will absolutely pray for you and both your little men, you're on my absent healing list now for sure. I really hope that they can help him xxx
  • Options
    Tell me about it hun. If you take a look at our website http://caisfootprints.weebly.com/ you can read our story.

Don't worry about dragging up memories hun, its you I am feeling for at the moment. I will keep little man in our thoughts and please let me know if you get anywhere with prima, I would be interested in helping if thats ok xx
  • Options
    g/c from august.

I'm really sorry you're having this worry. I don't know much about your little boy's condition but I do know a bit about Liverpool womens hospital as they treated both my ectopic pregnancy and they're looking after me now.

They are brilliant. My consultant with my ectopic spotted it very very early which is rare as it was in an unusal place. Her name was Jo Topping. You really are in the best hands x xx
  • Options
    Laura I have nothing to add as i don't know anything about hydrops but wanted to say how sorry i am that a happy time has been overshadowed by worry for your little boy, i guess these things must vary in severity and will certainly say a prayer for his to be mild and treatable.

torch i just read your story - so sorry for all you've had to go through. What you've done in your sons name is a beautiful thing for other people and i hope it gives you some small comfort. xx
  • Options
    Torch, I just want to send you a hug and say I made a donation, I'm sorry its not more but I hope it goes a small way towards helping xxx
  • Options
    I do remember you, didn't think i had seen you post much.Not much else to add but i do pray for you son and i hope hes ok.Hopefully they will do a spread on hydrops as i have never heard of it and it should be made know.xx
  • Options
    Oh Laura, I'm sorry to hear your news and will definitely keep you and your boys in my prayers. Keeping all crossed for you.
  • Options
    Torch, I just want to send you a hug and say I made a donation, I'm sorry its not more but I hope it goes a small way towards helping xxx

Thank you so much, every penny counts towards helping another family. Your donation has just bought another box image Thank you so so much xx
  • Options
    I will be making a donation hunny. Thanku for your support. Unlike baby cai, they are treating his anamia which, touch wood, has worked so far. My consultant is doctor leanne bricker. She is amazing and so kind. She is on holiday next week but my own consultant at my hospital will scan me to check him over. If he needs another transfusion dr bricker has told my consultant to "text" her and she will arrange it all. Hopefully he wont need another one but if he does, we know he's in safe hands. I just want to start enjoying my pregnancy again as twins is an experience in itself but 2 healthy babies would be fabulous xx
  • Options
    Hi Laura,

I had been wondering how you were. I'm sorry you've been through a difficult time but I am also so glad to read that your wee one is being treated and all 3 of you are being looked after so well.

Keeping everything crossed that it works brilliantly and his twin brother will keep him safe.

You're all in my thoughts xx
  • Options
    I will be making a donation hunny. Thanku for your support. Unlike baby cai, they are treating his anamia which, touch wood, has worked so far. My consultant is doctor leanne bricker. She is amazing and so kind. She is on holiday next week but my own consultant at my hospital will scan me to check him over. If he needs another transfusion dr bricker has told my consultant to "text" her and she will arrange it all. Hopefully he wont need another one but if he does, we know he's in safe hands. I just want to start enjoying my pregnancy again as twins is an experience in itself but 2 healthy babies would be fabulous xx

I have been thinking of you all day I am so happy that they are able to do something for your little man. We were seen at the foetal medicine unit at Bristol. Cardiff and Liverpool couldn't see us for a week and as it was so far advanced we couldn't wait that long. I am praying so much for you right now. Please keep me posted xxxx
  • Options
    i will.Will be going on tuesday to see how he's getting on.still very active so im staying positive xxx
  • Options
    fingers crossed everything will be ok.