Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Been in hospital

Hi ladies well i got this morning not feeling right,but put it down to being tired and doing school run.Well had to go for my 28 week bloods so went to do that and my friend pick me up as she didn't want me walking as its far bless her.Anyway as we were on our way back i said i didn't feel right down there,but wasn't sure why,Got home and went to loo and out came a huge sorry tmi thick snotty fresh blood thing, it didn't look like a show i have before with my others so i phoned the delivery suite and they wanted me in straight away as i am a negative and they were worried.They did the normal blood pressure monitor baby then did another blood test to check the khelier (sp?) and then they needed to do anti d as they found some but only as small amount.I asked if it ment i didn't need my 28 weeks one but they said no you still need that one,damn as they really hurt!.Anyway sorry for going no but all was ok with baby and me so they have let me come home and try to rest.Has made me think i need to get my bum into gear and get stuff ready for when baby comes.x

Replies

• Oh the joys of being rhesus neg hey, anti-d for everything major or minor once past the 13wk point. Still glad to hear you're all ok otherwise.
  • Arr thankyou.I didn't think i would have one as when i was bleeding in my last pregnancy i didn't have one.She told me it depends on how the blood looks like and how worrid they are for you to have it,I didn't have a big does like you would when you have it at 28 weeks but she said enough for it to hepo.And she said you can have them every two weeks if you bleed more but not less than two weeks.Hope i dont need anymore after my 28 week one as they really hurt. :roll:
  • That's scary hun, glad you're OK though, and baby. How nice of your friend to take you to hospital x
  • Thankyou peanutsmoothie yeah she really is good to me.She didn't take to hospital but did take me and pick me up for the blood test but were i went is like a mini hospital and bless her wouldn't take any money for petrol so gonna treat her when i get paid to something nice.x
  • Hey lovely,

Oh gosh I'm glad they sorted it out and got you in hon.

Its better to have a bit of extra anti d in there to mop up and D cells floating about. But they do really sting!

A midwife told me that when you bleed a little your anti d is partly used up to mop up the d cells so you need a bit more to get you through to the birth otherwise there wouldn't be enough by then. I suppose its because our blood renews itself completely every so many days or months and because we don't produce anti d it means we need topping up.

Just keep an eye and if you bleed again go back in.

Hoping it doesn't hurt too much and you get a good MW doing the jab!

Big hug! x
  • Oh hun, I hope you are feeling better today, make sure you get plenty of rest. I had an anti-d done at about 25-26 weeks but its only a small amount so still needed the 28 week one. A bit of advice, when I had Megan the midwife injected it into the top of my bum not my leg, it hurt a lot less. When I went for my 28 week one I asked for the same and the midwife looked at me a little odd but I explained and she was more than willing to do it. Its so much less painful. May be worth asking xx
  • Hi Candimum, don't know whether your area is the same as mine but my MW has advised that where they used to give a 34wk anti-d they have now stopped due to 'cost cuts' so I now shouldn't have one until post birth (if baby has daddy's blood & not mine). A tip I have found, if you can get them to inject more towards the fleshy part of your thigh or in your bottom (with you laying down on your side) it doesn't seem to hurt as much.
  • Sorry only just seen this. Glad they checked you out and all is ok.

SB x
  • Hya i have had it in my bum,arm and thigh before.its still abit achy now tbh when touched.I am gonna ask for bum next time as thats the most unpainful bit.Although i was in a chair when they put it in.About having the injection here you have a 28 week one and then post birth if needed and also if you have a bleed.Both my other two have A postive blood like there dad so i sure as this one will to as same dad.feel alot better today.Not sure if my daughter does tho as she said to me mummy has the baby come yet as that man put something in your gina as she calls it.(i had to have a internal but they did it before i could say to hubby to take her out of the room :roll: )so think she though baby was coming out. :lol: shes 3 so hopefully will forget about it soon.x