Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

severe headache,fast heart and sick..

ive not been feeling too well at all this past week, its also hard to walk. if i go anywhere i can barely move that evening and the day after. should i be worried? bit off put going to a and e because they are always so off hand at my hospital. thanks x

Replies

• When you say you can't move, where are you having pain?

Its normal in the 3rd trimester for become out of breath, your body is working really hard. Your heart is pumping extra blood around your body and an extreme rate xx
  • down low like really bad pressure in my pelvis and my thighs and on one side of my stomach xx
  • Sorry can't advise as to what it could be but i would call your midwife or doctor in the morning.

Take care

SB x
  • down low like really bad pressure in my pelvis and my thighs and on one side of my stomach xx

Sounds very likely to be SPD hun, I have it really bad and have been on crutches for weeks now. I can't turn over in bed and even just walking to the local shop will give me so much pain later in the day.

I would contact your midwife in the morning and see what she says about the fast heart rate, I had this on my daughter and it was all normal, I did need to have a ecg done but all was fine xx
  • thank you both. ill ring her in the morning. had an ecg done a few weeks back when it kept happening but they dont seem much use , ill definately mention it to midwife though thanks xx
  • i have been getting this fast heart and feeling dizzy and sick.When i went in told them about it and they said its the amount of blood going around you can make you feel like it.My bp,pulse were ok.They didn't take a wee sample but i said i was ok since i didn't have high bp.I do have spd to and it does sound like that,my physo said most women get spd in there third trimester.But i would speak to your midwife just to be safe.x
  • My pulse is naturally high anyway, over 110 on resting, a silly family trait I seem to have inherited. I have had so many ECG's done in my life and there is never anything wrong, its just 'one of those things'

It does make me laugh when I go for check ups and they check my pulse, their faces are so funny, pure panic :lol: I just have to explain that this is normal for me.

My blood pressure has been perfect through out. I have had SPD for weeks and its so bloody painful, I can't wait to have this baby and start to feel normal again. xx
  • going in at 2 for a check up today. and have my midwife tomorrow morning , hoping to ask about it then . i know i definately cant believe theres 2 months left i feel so pregnant already, waddling about like a crab today its boiling! cant believe how fast its goings it'll be september in no time! xxx
  • How did it go hon? This heat definately isn't helping the headaches & fainting spells. My bump seems to have dropped considerably & am feeling a lot more pressure low down now (with increased trips to the loo making my trips out a lot of fun). Hope you're all ok & not in too much discomfort (or have been advised how to relieve it).
  • hi, i am definately not enjoying this heat either especially with my sickness making a comeback. midwife said i have spd and has referrred me to a physio but hobbling about on crutches off hospital for now because i really couldnt walk well. had high blood pressure as well as protein and white cells in my urine sample so thats been sent off for more checks and ill be waiting a week for my results. hope everyone else is ok , we picked a hot month to be this far gone! lol xxx
  • Oh hun, not a good time for you!! Welcome to the world of crutches....they will probably pinch your arms so be prepared for a few bruises...also, it hurts (a lot) if you say slip off a curb with one, this seems to be my favourite trick at the moment so walk on the inside lol. Your arms, shoulders and chest muscles may ache for a few days but just keep going with them because if you stop and restart the pain is so much worse.

I will be honest hun, physio has done nothing at all the help me, in fact its just made it worse, I come out feeling like I have been beaten up so have stopped going. IF you can afford a decent chiropractor then book an appointment, they will help to realign your spin which is supposed to help. I am also going to try acupuncture and reflexology which are also supposed to help.

Get a birthing ball, lean over it on all fours to take the pressure off your pelvis. Try not to walk too far as this will make it worse later in the day, its costing me a fortune in taxis and I am still sore, I cannot imagine what it would be like if I walked everywhere xx
  • thank you. still waiting of our new flat to be done currently living out of carrier bags and in a cramped room so money will all be spent on that, supposed get keys today but they keep putting it off , getting nervous now as its only like 10 weeks to go, might go budget and get massages to help off the fiance.

i have noticed today i cant work my crutches! think im even worse, youre right about the aches and pains definately already feeling them in my arms and chest as i waddle my weight about. such a sexy summer look lol. xxx

and i want a birthing ball where can i get one? thank you =] xx
  • Oh bless ya not having a great time are you?I cant get crutches as my physo doesn't want me to have them as she thinks i will rely on them to much :roll: you can just get a exercise ball from tesco,argos etc for around a fiver ish.i got mine in my last pregnancy and don't have alot of money but this was def a good buy and my kids love it.plus you can use it after birth to tone up and other people can use it.Hopefully you get your keys soon and you start nesting and getting things out of carrier bags image .they may give you a band to wear to help from the physo which can help i had one in my last pregnancy as it was to late to treat the problem and it did help but didn't get crutches last time as my ds was in pushchair so they said that will help keep you up :lol: .Got a belt this time but don't have to wear it everyday only when i walk alot etc.I hope you don't suffer to much with it.x
  • thank you ill have a look in this week i read somewhere about going on all fours on a birthing ball for a little bit everyday makes baby go in the best position. not sure if its true but worth a go , cant wait to start nesting! . i bet having a pram was handy! much safer than crutches im dangerous on mine lol xxx
  • Yeah it was as i am so clumsy at teh best of times.I have started nesting but not getting very far tbh.Yeah i used the hospital ball in labour last time and really helped and it does help baby get in to position better.x
  • im dying to hang her little clothes up in a proper wardrobe! set up a pink canvas one i got for 99p off ebay and keep staring at all the little clothes, feel really lucky shes doing fine despite my problems because of losing a baby last year and i think its only like this week ive let myself get really really excited. feels real now seeing all the other groups slowly start announcing the births of their little ones, not long til its our turn!! =] xx