Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hospital bag and nighties

Does anyone know where i can get a big hospital bag from and also nighties that button down at the front?

Replies

• matalan had those buttoned nighties

and i got a big bag from a luggage stall on the market its like a weekend bag with flowers on, using babys changing bag for her stuff xx
  • I'm using a little pull along suitcase for baby and a hold all for me (I am taking my own pillows so need a big bag) xx
  • lol well i was thinking of using my gym bag because thats quite big with an extra bag for the nappies etc, but now am thinking it won't be big enough.. May just take a small suitcase, at least i know that will be big ..good thinking Torch xxx
  • I took a weekend wheelie suitcase (my stuff), primark weekend bag (baby stuff), shopping bag (food supplies!), birthball and feeding pillow with elsie!!! I just kept making DH go back to the car to get stuff!! :lol: He didn't have anything better to do whilst I was in labour so had to get him to work some how!! image

We got a couple of comments about how much stuff I'd packed but ALL of it was used as I was in for so long! I didn't have to keep asking DH to bring stuff in I just gave him the washing to take home!! Much easier!! And all the food got eaten as labour lasted forever and they didn't feed me after for ages!!!

for the nighties: Primarni?? Matalan? and I think the big asda in morley had some in the george section at the weekend x
  • I went to asda tonight i couldn't see any nighties with the buttons but that maybe because the other half was rushing me and complianing i was taking to long.

Anyway i ended up getting some little angels maternity pants, nipple cream, babys going home outfit, 2 hats, 2 pairs of lil booties, socks, baby blanket, bibs and muslin squares (even though i wasn't sure what muslins are used 4 but there down on the hospital bag checklist lol).

Anyway i forgot to get some little toiletries from asda, pregna brain certainly has kicked in and also i was looking for maternity breast feeding bras, and i couldnt find any of them at all (thats if they even exist).

I have decided am using my big gym bag for the baby and the partners big gym bag for my things image
  • I got my button down nighties in the sale at Mothercare last time. ONly got one left so will try matalan for one. Good tip ladies. Really need to get thinking about all this...

Bought breast pads, one unisex outfit and some maternity towels at the weekend but still so much to sort. Still got 8 weeks, that's plenty of time right?!! x
  • Am sure you have plenty of time peanutsmoothie, just keep adding to your bag all the time and make out a checklist.. i no mothercare have them in the back of there catalogue.

I have the baby bag pretty much ready to go i have

* baby shampoo, oil, lotion, talc

* 4 sleepsuits

* 3vests

* cotton wool and buds

* pack of nappies

* baby brush

* doddie

* going home outfit

* teddy bear snow suit incase its cold (am due late Sept)

* 2 booties and 1 pear of socks

* lots of bibs

* muslins

* baby wipes

* bum cream

As 4 my bag i have breast pads and nipple cream

• My hospital bag I bought in a sale at Debenhams, travel sports style bag on wheels, fits everything in just right. Button front/feeding nighties you can find at Matalan, Mothercare & Next.co.uk for various prices & lengths.