Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

really sore nipple...

For about a week now my nipples have been slightly leaking but in no way sore.

Last night my left nipple become very sore, i can't touch it or have anything touching it, it was leaking quite a bit then it kind of dried over, so had to gently wipe it.

Is it normal to become this sore or should i see someone about it?

Replies

• Options
    Mine have been sore for a few weeks, well the left one more than the right, I started using nipple cream which seems to be working. Just wash it with warm water and apply cream x
  • Options
    mine have been tender but not to bad.When i breastfed they did and like torch said clean with warm water and put a bit of cream on.And let some air get to them.x
  • Options
    mine have been like this for weeks now think my right ones the worse, asda little angels nipple cream has really helped mine, x
  • Options
    Oh I hear you! Just been getting this recently too.

I find moisturising helps but I've heard great things about lansinoh nipple cream so looking to get some soon. I think its on offer in mothercare at the moment.image

Hope it eases off soon hon x
  • Options
    Thank youuu ladies image

I put some cream on last night and because i didnt have to go out i just kept my bra off all day, its so so painful, my whole boob has swelled up and i just cant explain how much it hurts.

Got into bed last night and my right boob and nipple were sore too and today also swelled up.

Not nice but all worth it lol image

xx