Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

another hospital visit...

Called my mw this morning about the tightening and cramping, she told me i had to go to labour ward and get checked out, she said they would be expecting me. So went down about 2ish and was put onto the monitor, had about 5/6 tightenings whilst this was on and baby's movements had slowed again and her heartbeat dropped twice quite a lot.

Had an internal and was told my cervix still isnt open but is softening.

The doctor i seen was lovely and explained everything to me, she said as its my 4th trip and still slow movement they were referring me to fwbu twice each week for scans and monitoring. She said there are a number of reasons for slow movement and sometimes it just happens.

I have my first app on Weds at 12pm then i see my consultant next Monday for my 32 week growth scan and discussions with her about whats going on so the doctor said she will leave it up to my consultant to decide what happens next.

Also had some swabs taken to check for any infections, so get those results on Weds too.

Can't wait to just have my baby girl safe in my arms as she seems to be having a lot of problems whilst inside of me! Want the next 6-7 weeks to hurry up for my induction, but the doctor did say they could decide to bring her earlier.

So just waiting to see what happens now.

Replies

• Hi,i bet that was scary but you must be glad that they are keeping a close eye on you.Hopefully all will be ok and baby is just having a naughty spell and it will pass soon.I hope all goes well on wednesday.x