Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Raspberry leaf tea.

wow, I can't believe its time to have this chat! 35 weeks tomorrow. My midwife suggested that I start RLT at 36 weeks but didn't actually tell me how much to have. Anyone know? As from next week it will be RLT and lots of sex, believe it or not my midwife prescribed it :lol: anyone else going to be drinking this tea?

Replies

• not been drinking the tea but been taking the 500mg tabs from 32 weeks. Was told this was good for toning the uterus. might double the dose at 37 weeks to help get things going! can't believe we're here all ready! So exciting! image

cx
  • I started this week Torch (36 weeks now) and plan to up it by one cup per week til the end. Will also start on the tablets at 38 weeks for an extra kick.

Took rlt last time and had a really quick active stage so maybe that helped? Also midwives commented on how quickly my uterus contracted back again so even if it's coincidence, I'm giving it a go again.

If you're being induced at 38 weeks anyway, it might be worth starting on 2 cups? xx
  • I started this week Torch (36 weeks now) and plan to up it by one cup per week til the end. Will also start on the tablets at 38 weeks for an extra kick.

Took rlt last time and had a really quick active stage so maybe that helped? Also midwives commented on how quickly my uterus contracted back again so even if it's coincidence, I'm giving it a go again.

If you're being induced at 38 weeks anyway, it might be worth starting on 2 cups? xx

Thanks lovely. Its been really hard finding anyone with honest advice lol I was going to start on 2 cups and work up so by 38 weeks I should be on 4 cups a day. Whats it taste like? Apparently its not nice lol x