Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I THINK...i might be going into labour soon!

Last night (after having sex imageops: ) i went to the toilet and wiped and had A LOT of what looked like thick snot with bloody bits in it, for an hour after that i had pink blood everytime i wiped and about 2 drops on a pad. I then started to get period pains and instantly had a bit of diarrhoea.

I called the hospital and they said it definitely sounds like im going into labour but i should go to bed and try to sleep, so i did.

I tossed and turned all night (i couldnt sleep through nerves!) and had pains all night but nothing major, and now i have nothing! I honestly thought that i was going into labour!

Im waiting for there to be a gush of my waters breaking any minute, or for the pains to come back and start getting regular!

But im still none the wiser! lol but ill try to keep you dated!

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Sounds promising!

But the nerves will cause you to have too much adrenaline which actually slows/stops labour so you need lots of comforting and relaxing thoughts.image

Hope it all starts up again soon. x
  • Options
    oh get in a nice hot bath and relax!!!

looking forward to a BA!

Cx
  • Options
    sounds to be the start, every1s recommended sex to bring on labour, i tryed this morning...nothing happened :lol: o well...good luck the lil should be here soon xxx
  • Options
    Maybe you should try more sex image:lol:

All these labour symptoms and babies are making me very impatient for mine! Its pants being due so late in the month xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for all your replies image

Been at my neices 1st birthday party for most of the day and been having on and off period pains that are getting gradually worse, im also still bleeding a very pale pink but not on a pad, only when i wipe....i can feel that its just around the corner but i just want it to start already! GGRR!

Im going to call the hospital again in a couple of hours if nothings started by then and ask for advice as i would of been bleeding/had pink discharge for nearly 24 hours by then!
  • Options
    Hey,

I think you can lose your mucus plug anything from a few hours to a week or so before labour but the contractions becoming stronger all day definitely sounds like a positive sign. I wonder if you'll get more regular contractions tonight and we'll have a BA tomorrow.image

To everyone due towards the end of the month - its tempting to want your babies now but defo better that they are well "cooked" and healthy and come around their due date if poss.image

I'm still trying not to wish the pregnancy away but with September beginning this week I'm kinda keen on him arriving not too long after - very naughty! :lol: And so easy with all these BAs around.

My nephew's gf had their baby last night but they weren't due until 26th Sept! They had to have special care unit staff and equipment on stand by just in case as she was just under 36 weeks.
  • Options
    Definately know what you mean tuliprose, my little one not due until 22nd sept and all these BA are making me want my baby to come now but I think some more cooking time is needed just to be safe !

Jo2482 - hope all is well today ??
  • Options
    The signs are definitely there Jo, take things easy (nice deep breaths as if on Wii yoga :lol: ) and I'm sure you may be joining our BA list.image
  • Options
    Still no baby! :cry: lol

I slept for about 10 hours last night and thought to myself 'at least if it happens today im well rested'....iv continued to lose my plug all day, its actually more than what i thought it would be! At 3.45pm i got an intense pain in my back that lasted about 20 seconds, i just knew it was a contraction, but have only had another 5 since then and with no pattern but the pain has been the same...i guess im still none the wiser but still feel like im so close to going into full on labour!

I just wish it would make its mind up!

Although as im typing this i just had another one that lasted 30 seconds....its all going in the right direction!

Cant wait to finally come on here to tell you im finally in full blown labour or to announce the arrival of my little man!

Good luck to anyone else in the beginning stages too image
  • Options
    Good luck jo sending you
    http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/zandipandi2001/blinkies/purple-2.gif

• Options
    Sounds promising. Good luck and look forward to hearing your news soon x