Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

contraception after pregnancy- what's everyone thinking?

On one hand, I'm really not keen to go back on the pill now I know how long it takes to leave the system. I don't want to wait that long if we decide to have another as I'll be 32 in Jan. Was pretty horrific coming off it too.

On the other hand, it seems to look after my skin and moods better, so it's kind of tempting...

HATE condoms.

Anyway, was wondering what everyone else was thinking of doing, and also whether there are any decent alternatives that people have tried.

Replies

• Options
    abstination!!!... :lol:
  • Options
    Hey, I was on the depro provera injection before I got pregnant. I forgot to go to the nurse to get toped up and 2months later I fell pregant. Tho everyone is diff, I fell pregnant quite quickly.

I was on the injection for 3yrs previous and the only side affects I had from it was head aches for a couple of days after I got a 'top up' and slight weight gain (+5lbs) Im not sure weather or not to go back on it or not or change to a diff one. Id be useless on the pill cause I would forget to take it.

Not to sure if it would be right for you if you are thinking of having a baby in the next year.

Flump xx
  • Options
    I was on the depo and piled on 5 stone, no period for the 12 months I was on it but didn't have one for 12 months after coming off it either.

For us were just using condoms. We know we will want another baby soon and as we needed fertility treatment to have Abby we know the chances of getting pregnant naturally are slim anyway.
  • Options
    we're going back on the pill. not planning on any more kids and we don't like condoms. will see how we go with the pill but no problems in past...
  • Options
    This is second and last for us, I'll go on the pill again when things are settled but when lifes calmed hubbys happy to get the snip. Like he says, if necessary it can get reversed these days and then I wouldn't have to worry about the pill and its his turn the take responsibility for contraception lol trust him to just snip it! Think he see's it as the easiest option :lol: xxx
  • Options
    I am having the coil fitted am no good with taking pills and not wanting another baby till at least my first is in school/nursery xxx
  • Options
    Im going on the pill, hate condoms and before Alfie we got told we wouldnt concieve naturally (well Alfie proved that wrong!). Havnt used any contraception for about 4 years
  • Options
    Pill isn't suitable whilst BFing so it'll be the coil for me. I would say hysterectomy but docs will argue I'm too young & the coil gives me 5yrs to really decide whether we want to stick with 2 or change our minds and have more.
  • Options
    I think i will have the coil but i have to have a smear test when he three months so got to talk to the doctor first as they are worried as i had so much bleeding in pregnancy thats there could be something wrong.x image
  • Options
    Think my husband is getting te snip, although we're young we do not want anymore children even this one was a surprise with condom splitting and then morning after pill failing! I have tried so many contraceptions and suffering with chronic migraines doesn't make the choices easy! So with that I think the snip is best!! Being super fertile is a real worry at this point so no sex it is intill snippy snip snip haha x