Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where do you put baby when you go for a shower?

Hi,

Sorry if this is a daft post but I'm struggling to see where best to put Connor whilst I have a shower each day?

I haven't yet been on my own for a whole day so have so far put him in the moses basket with someone listening for him but whilst alone I'd worry I wouldn't hear if he started choking on sick or similar. I could bring the monitor into the bathroom but worried it would get damaged by steam and I'm also not that swift on my feet due to the c section recovery so was thinking maybe I need him in the bathroom with me but not sure what to put him in or on.

Maybe a blanket? What do you do?

Replies

• I have a changing mat upstairs so i just put alfie by the door. I have been thinking about getting a cheap bouncy chair for upstairs.
  • I haven't been on my own yet but when i had my others i put them in the Moses basket or bouncy chair and kept the door open so i could hear them.x
  • We have a change table in the bathroom so atm she lays on that but in a month or so when she's moving more will move mat onto the floor or bring bouncy chair in.

Or... hopefully she'll keep sleeping in late and i can get showered before she wakes up... wishful thinking! xx
  • I shower in the evening before bed at the moment. Trying to get used to the routine so when baby comes My partner can be with baby in the evening whilst I'm in the shower. X
  • Hi Tulip,

We have a bouncy chair that I put in the doorway or I lay him on his cot which he doesn't sleep in at the moment as he is in his moses. It is in the room next to the bathroom and I can hear him. He quite likes the change of scene and will lay there quite happily.

TBH I have left him downstairs too and just ran up quickly. You learn to have the quickest shower in the world and if they are settled you don't want to disturb them.

SB x
  • Thanks guys.

I did it this morning with him in the moses in our room and the monitor with me but the shower drowned out a lot of the sounds so not so happy with this. Think I'll try to bring his bouncy chair up and do that...he's not so used to sitting in it yet but if he screams he screams.

Sometimes you just have to get showered and with my wound infection I really need to keep clean.image
  • You could try putting a light on where he can see it as Oliver loves looking at lights. Might keep him entertained whilst you have your shower.

SB x